Tajikistan visa in Almaty

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
louislk

Re: Tajikistan visa in Almaty

Postby louislk » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:32 am

I went this morning at the consulate to get a tourist visa, I tought I'd have to wait tomorow to get it but they gave it to me in the hour. They where few people, israeli, corean, kazakh, tadjik, good atmosphere and laughtings. The consulate is not realy securized, so don't worry about what you are carrying. And you can use you're phone inside. I saw a guy paying 40$ for his visa, so I did the same and they didn't asked anything more..
I put a dot on google map named "Tadjik, ambassy, Almaty" if you need.

Ps: Important to note is that I didn't asked for a GBAO and that they said to the corean to go to Bishkek or Dushambe to get it, don't know gow they'll do.
2 x

NixyJungle

Postby NixyJungle » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:44 pm

louislk wrote:I went this morning at the consulate to get a tourist visa, I tought I'd have to wait tomorow to get it but they gave it to me in the hour. They where few people, israeli, corean, kazakh, tadjik, good atmosphere and laughtings. The consulate is not realy securized, so don't worry about what you are carrying. And you can use you're phone inside. I saw a guy paying 40$ for his visa, so I did the same and they didn't asked anything more..
I put a dot on google map named "Tadjik, ambassy, Almaty" if you need.

Ps: Important to note is that I didn't asked for a GBAO and that they said to the corean to go to Bishkek or Dushambe to get it, don't know gow they'll do.

Did you have to present LOI or LOI is not needed for Tajik visa?
Thanks.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Postby bwv812 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:58 pm

NixyJungle wrote:Did you have to present LOI or LOI is not needed for Tajik visa?

You need to let people know what citizenship you have.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

NixyJungle

Postby NixyJungle » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:14 am

bwv812 wrote:You need to let people know what citizenship you have.

I am from Serbia.
0 x

wombat

Postby wombat » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:04 pm

despite being told normal processing time was one week, we got our visas with gbao permit in about an hour. Told staff we Wanted to get Uzbek visa in afternoon and we didn't want to stay in ALMATY. He thought that was impossible until he saw our LOIs. Japanese and Australian passport, $75 for 45 days inch GBAO permit.
1 x

NixyJungle

Postby NixyJungle » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:28 pm

wombat wrote:despite being told normal processing time was one week, we got our visas with gbao permit in about an hour. Told staff we Wanted to get Uzbek visa in afternoon and we didn't want to stay in ALMATY. He thought that was impossible until he saw our LOIs. Japanese and Australian passport, $75 for 45 days inch GBAO permit.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It seems safer to go there with LOI than without.
0 x

adventurism

Postby adventurism » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:39 am

Just applied for a Tajik visa at the Almaty embassy. Dutch passport, 30 days, including GBAO permit.

I arrived around 11am and after waiting a filling out the forms i was told to pay $75 and pick up in 2 days at 6am. Opening hours seem to be reduced to only 9:00-12:00.

Guy at the desk is friendly and speaks reasonable English. He does all the copying and also gave me a copy of my passport after leaving mine at the embassy.
1 x
Overland motorcycle trip from Amsterdam to Bali.

Follow the adventure on:
[url=youtube.com/c/Nora_adventurism]YouTube[/url] &
[url=instagram.com/adventurism.life]Instagram[/url]

NixyJungle

Postby NixyJungle » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:17 pm

I got Tajik visa today in Almaty. I didn't need LOI. Consul told me I didn't need it, but anyway, I still had it just in a case.
1 x

Jules Hobson

Postby Jules Hobson » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Acquired the Tajik visa here in Almaty in Sep 2019. Australian citizens so could do the e visa but we wanted to try our luck at the embassy and not have the stress of a stuck visa/payment. We did not submit the other online pre approval application. Went in the morning (the address on maps me is correct). Handed over our passports and explained ourselves to the fairly friendly consular staff who speak basic English. They made us write a letter explaining that we want a visa and dates. If you are going to Badakhshan write that also (there are examples). No visa form to fill out. They said come back at 4 that day. We returned then and waited for about an hour while they did our applications and took photos/fingerprints. We were granted a 15 day visa as our dates only said we would spend 11 days there. Cost was $60 for visa and $30 for GBAO so more expensive than e visa but still not bad. This might be negotiable as it didn't really seem a fixed price and considering they did same day we didn't want to argue. Overall an easy experience.
1 x