North Korea trip (US citizen)

All about China. Expert: bwv812
exploreout

North Korea trip (US citizen)

Post by exploreout »

Have you ever used any of the travel agents inside China to take a trip to North Korea? This is also something I was considering doing since I am an American but speak Chinese. I was thinking I could join a Chinese tour group, I hear they much much cheaper in country than going through a Western company. By 'they', I'm referring to North Korean tours for foreigners.

I was hoping to find something in maybe the $400 range for a week there that includes everything. Western companies charge at least $3-4K and it doesn't include transportation and other things.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: North Korea trip (US citizen)

Post by steven »

Hi exploreout,

some spammer posted here and made me rediscover your post. Did you find what you were looking for? I don't know the first thing about North Korea so couldn't help with that, but 400$ sounds like too little for a week, thinking about Turkmenistan.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

exploreout

Re: North Korea trip (US citizen)

Post by exploreout »

I did locate a Chinese company that does tours there. He said Americans have to enter/ depart via Beijing not via rail like everyone else.

This was when I was in China a couple of years ago. I'm heading back to Beijing in a few weeks though and am again considering trying N. Korea.
1 x