Embassy report: Tajik visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
ExpertVagabond

Re: Embassy report: Tajik visa in Bishkek

Post by ExpertVagabond »

August 2016 Update: I attempted to get a double entry visa on arrival at Dushanbe airport and failed. They wouldn't give me double entry, and they couldn't change my single entry to double at the Foreign Affairs Office in Dushanbe the next day either. I needed double entry to visit Afghan Wakhan.

So, I got a $300 round trip flight to Bishkek and attempted another Tajik visa there. No line at the Embassy, $55 USD for 45 day double entry visa, ready to pick up at 3pm. So much easier! Expensive mistake though. Hope this helps someone else from doing the same thing. Send away for double entry before your trip, or pass through Bishkek. You can't get double entry on arrival at the airport.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

I have heard of single-entry being converted to double entry in Khorog, for someone who picked up an Afghan visa there on a whim.
0 x

Cam

Post by Cam »

I had my Tajik visa processed in under 45 minutes today, Australian passport. $75USD for 45 days and with GBAO. Guards and lady behind counter super friendly. It really pays to be really organised and to fill out your forms before you arrive to keep on their good side. I could see some frustration with a less organised person. opening hours according to sign on fence and guards is 9-5, closed for lunch 1-2pm. keep in mind these hours don't seem to match those listed in previous post.
0 x

cherishka

Embassy Report: Tajik Visa in Bishkek (July 2017)

Post by cherishka »

I had my application form filled and brought along a passport photo and copy of Kyrgyz entry stamp and passport.

Arrived at 9ish am, first person there and they started the visa process right away.

Some confusion about how I had previously filled a form online in the evisa system. So I had to go online to the evisa page to cancel that application first so they can continue process my visa. (Done on mobile phone) Even I entered Kyrgyzstan with US passport they allowed me to use my Hong Kong passport to apply for the Tajik visa.

Visa issued on the spot within 30 minutes! A painless and simple experience overall! However, I saw a Japanese traveler there being told to come back same day at 3pm. So I guess it doesn't hurt to as if you can wait while they take their time to issue your visa on the spot.

Hong Kong Passport
$85 (multiple entry visa, 30 day, with GBNO permit) and
200Som
2 x

daway

Post by daway »

Bishkek, US passport

$85 + 200 som for a 45 day, multiple entry with GBAO

One other person there, had the visa within 45 minutes.
1 x

janji

Post by janji »

September 2017
30 days double (on visa it is written multiple anyway) entry tourist visa + GBAO. Polish passport. 85usd + 200som. Application on 9am, pick-up on 3pm same day. 1 photo required. Fingerprints on passport collection.
0 x

belfastpilot

Post by belfastpilot »

Does anyone have a link to where I can get the application form? Some official Tajik government websites suggest I should provide my details online before going to the embassy (not the same website as the e-visa site), but the impression I get from this forum is that you don't need to, just turn up with money, passport, photos, and maybe a filled in form..or pen!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Just bring a pen; it's pretty painless.
0 x

awanderingkiwi

Post by awanderingkiwi »

Got my Tajik visa on the 6th of may, nz passport.
—consular officer was a bit funni at the start but overly kind and helpful at the end. Lady/secretary was lovely also!
— Taxi there (should) cost 150 soms from the City Centre, or there’s many marschrootkas going to the shabdan baatyr, kuyruchuk rd crossings (for 10 soms).
— opening times are Monday to Friday, 9—12 and 2—5pm.
— don’t need to fill out the form in advance, just turn up in the morning with a pen, 1x Photo, and your passport, and you come back in the afternoon to pick it up again (making payment and giving fingerprints on collection).
—Visa is for 45 days (he told me 30 at the start, but I queried it and received 45) whilst the gbao permit (for the Pamir highway) is only for 30 days, both are for fixed dates.
—The visa costs 50usd, whilst the GBAO permit costs 25usd (only payable in usd) with a 200—300 som ˋˋpocket money´´ charge (they asked me for 200, whilst they asked a French couple for 300 each, on the same day!)
— i asked for a double entry, and the said no, unless I had proof or had travel plans that would explain the need for multiple entry. (And they currently do not accept plans of entering Afghanistan as reason to give a double entry, due to the current unstable situation there).

Was a good embassy and an easy, highly recommendable! (:
2 x

Edmund

Post by Edmund »

I got my tajik visa today in Bishkek. I used this website : https://www.visa.gov.tj/index.html#/ in order to get my visa pre-approved. Thanks to that I didn't have to wait for a day, instead I got the visa in just three hours. If you use that website, you just need to download and print the filled out application form and bring it to the embassy. No passport photos required. I paid 50$ for the visa + 20$ for the gbao permit.
2 x