Questions about Iran application form

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Fairmount

Questions about Iran application form

Postby Fairmount » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Hello, first time applicant for non-western visas here. So I'm looking at this application form for an Iranian visa and some of the fields to be filled make no sense at all. Some seem not to apply to me, such as "name of spouse" as I'm single, so I guess I'll just leave that one blank. Others though, like "name of fellow travellers in passport" "area of your knowledge and information about Iran" "name of persons and organisations you are going to meet in Iran" and some others, I just don't understand whether to leave them blank, type 'none' or what they even mean. Others, I sort of get but still not really, like "border of entry into Iran", do they want the name of the previous country, the name of the border post or something else? I've added a picture of the application form to this post. Any help is much appreciated :)
Attachments
Screenshot_20170329-182807.png
Screenshot_20170329-182807.png (198.21 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Questions about Iran application form

Postby steven » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:44 am

Hi, since it is the first time you are applying for a visa, let me warn you, it is always like that. A lot of weird questions that don't make any sense. Just fill them in as best as you can, and write a / if there is no applicable answer. Don't worry too much about getting it wrong: none of this info makes it into your visa. As soon as you get your visa, you have everything you need to go to Iran.

For border post, indeed, the exact name of the border town where you intend to cross is what is meant.

"Fellow travelers in passport" means underage children traveling on your passport, btw.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Fairmount

Re: Questions about Iran application form

Postby Fairmount » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:00 am

Thank you :) and I guess it's best not to tick any boxes about politics or journalism?
0 x