Embassy report: Tajik visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Update!! Tajikistan visa at Bishkek "A piece of cake"

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Tajik embassy in Bishkek below.

We summarize all info in the embassy reports of the Tajik visa page.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

GoBalaGo

Tajikistan Visa Report in Bishkek - 2014 [CLOSED]

Post by GoBalaGo »

Just got our Tajikistan visas and GBAO permits at the embassy in Bishkek. Easy as pie (or monte). Brought our passports, photocopies, one picture and application. For $75 you get the visa and permit within an hour. Its less if you can wait a week ($35 I think).
0 x

bj12345

Re: Tajikistan Visa Report in Bishkek

Post by bj12345 »

Hi! Your info is very useful becausE WE will be in Bishkek on yuly 12nd morning too. but, do we need for tajik visa invitation letter too?application form should we bring with us too?Generally, which paper should we bring with us to get tajik visa without any problems? many thanks fpr your reply. Bojan.
0 x

kiwiot

Post by kiwiot »

As of the 4th of June 2014 the Tajik embassy in Bishkek is NOT issuing GBAO permits. We got our visa and the lady said we would have to get our permit in Dushanbe
0 x

rb30e

Post by rb30e »

ahhrghh! this is so frustrating as we are having problems getting the GBAO permit which we need as we are driving through the Pamir Hwy from Kyrgyzstan> How are we meant to get one from Dushanbe first if thats at the end of our tajik route!!!!
0 x

bj12345

Post by bj12345 »

Hi Kiwiot! It seems that you have the most fresh info how to get tajik visa in Bishkek! I will be there on July12th and I am bit confused because of contrarines of information about the papers which tajiks embassy oficers require for visa issuing. Would you be so kind pls and tell me which documents exactly they demand (including for GBAO) and how many days normally does it take.
Namely, today have got a message from Stantours that as for EU citizens LOI is not needed not even required for Tajik visa.
BR,
Bojan
0 x

kiwiot

Post by kiwiot »

rb30e - Here is one option for ya. Get a Tajik multiple visa in Bishkek. Costs an extra $10 US. Either drive it with the route Dushanbe->Khorog->Murgub->Osh and then back to Dushanbe or Drive to Dushanbe and then back to Osh. Extra driving but still doable I guess.

Visa took 20 minutes to get here.

Bojan - Visa is simple (once you find the obscure embassy)

Go in with your passport and a picture. Fill in some forms. Pay money.

$55 USD - waiting 7 working days
$75 USD - waiting 20 minutes
+ $10 USD if you want the visa to be multiple entry.

There is no other paperwok involed for the visa here.

Absolutey No LOI or any of that stuff.

As for GBAO. We rang the embassy today, still got a NO, and will ring tomorrow as who knows when it will change. Going to ring Dushanbe this afternoon to see if they are issuing GBAO permits. I don't know if there is paperwork for this but from all accounts by other cyclist there is nothing else needed.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Ppl have been succesfully getting GBAO Permits the last few days in Dushanbe, mostly with the help of local tour operators, it seems.
0 x

kiwiot

Post by kiwiot »

Latest news from Dushanbe - Stopped issuing GBAO permits as of today for the week. Got a confirmation of this from another cyclist living in Dushanbe

"Indeed, the situation is a bit unstable these days. It was ok last week and
then, I just learnt that they stopped delivering permits this morning for the
full week... no idea when they will resume the deliverance of permits again!"
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Somebody just got a GBAO Permit in Dushanbe today.
0 x