Iran visa and private sponsorship

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
blackbird

Iran visa and private sponsorship

Postby blackbird » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:42 pm

I've read the pages on getting an Iranian visa and guides. I have two questions however, on the visa page it says

"US citizens can apply for a visa at the Iranian Interest Section of the Pakistani Embassy in Washington."

Would Canadian citizens be able to apply in Washington as well ? (Canada has to diplomatic relations with Iran so no embassies/consulates) If not, where can Canadians apply ?

Second, I heard from a British citizen that he was able to arrange an independent trip to Iran through a private sponsorship from someone he knew in Tehran. He didn't give me much detail on how that would work (requirements, forms, what the sponsor has to do) except that it's possible. Does anyone have any more information about that ? Is it a legal arrangement or is it simply accepted ? How does it work ?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Iran visa and private sponsorship

Postby steven » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:17 pm

I personally dont have an answer to either of these questions that can help you out, but i can see the cheat code with the secret tour agency that is linked to on the visa page still works, so that is something akin to getting a personal invitation. No doubt you can find iranians willing to run around for you to invite you. I have no idea how difficult it is though and what type of requirements are needed.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

TJEFF

Re: Iran visa and private sponsorship

Postby TJEFF » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:24 am

I'm Canadian as well and hoping to go through Iran on my motorcycle from Turkey to Pakistan.. have you found any answers to this tour dilemma? I'm searching every corner of the web. Couchsurfing might have some helpful hosts if the personal invitation does turn out to be an option?
0 x