Turkmen visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
eragon233

Re: Turkmen visa Q&A

Postby eragon233 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:13 pm

That's the thing - I will be meeting someone and that person is happy to help me get an invitation. So the question is how the letter should look and what exactly the procedure is for it to be approved by the ministry.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Postby bwv812 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:47 pm

That person will be basically be responsible for you the entire time you're in Turkmenistan. Is that a responsibility they've considered and are willing to accept and/or one you're willing to place on them?
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

eragon233

Postby eragon233 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:37 pm

It's a family member of a friend and they offered their help so they know about the responsibility they have to take. I assume in that case they are alright and aware of the circumstances.
0 x

traveller1234

Questions about obtaining a Turkmenistan transit visa.

Postby traveller1234 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Good evening all.

I am looking to apply for a Turkmenistan transit visa (or preferably two of them as mentioned below). I will be both entering and exiting the country by land. However i hold four citizenships (and therefore four passports) as follows:

Czech Republic
Iceland
Ireland
Russia

Can anyone advise which of these four passports will give me the highest chance of getting accepted? Which one do you recommend is the best to use? I have heard lots of stories of people being refused so i wish to ensure i give myself the highest chance of being accepted and i am not too sure which passport would be best.

Secondly can i apply for two transit visa for Turkmenistan at the same time? So like could i apply for a transit visa to go from Iran to Uzbekistan (via Turkmenistan) and then another transit visa to go back from Uzbekistan to Iran (via Turkmenistan) one month later both at the same time?

Many thanks for any help with this.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Questions about obtaining a Turkmenistan transit visa.

Postby steven » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:04 am

Do not use the Russian one. For all of the others it does not matter.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

poldo95

Postby poldo95 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:55 am

Hi. I applied and received a transit Visa from nukus to Baku passing through ashgabat ( by the way, it's not date specific!). I will later make an embassy report. But I said, in order to be more sure of getting a Visa, that I was traveling by bicycle. Should I buy a bicycle before entering or once I have the Visa I can enter anyway?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:53 am

No it's fine, the mode of transport is not on your visa, it is not a problem. Dont need to buy a bike.

Please, next time, just make one post. I had already replied to your other post, now I have to delete that one. Saves me time if you only post once. Thanks!
0 x

Jade

Postby Jade » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Hello - wondering if it's possible to stay at a private residence on a transit visa? I have an old (Turkmen) friend from uni who lives in Ashgabat that offered, but wasn't sure if it's legal. Appreciate any insight.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:04 am

It isn't legal. People have done it in the past without problems, but others who were not careful got their hosts in trouble. Be careful, you are being watched. If you are a man and your friend is a woman, especially an unmarried woman, be very careful.
1 x

Jade

Postby Jade » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:10 am

We're both women, but I won't risk getting her in trouble to save a few dollars on accommodation. Thanks for the insight Steven!
1 x