Easy to get an India visa in Armenia or Iran?

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
8wheels

Easy to get an India visa in Armenia or Iran?

Postby 8wheels » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:12 am

Hello,

Did anyone apply for a visa at the embassy of India in Yerevan in Armenia or somewhere in Iran lately? How long does it usually take to get it? We already have visa for Iran and Pakistan. India is now the only one missing. We would want to get a 6 months multiple entry and have German passports.

We know, you should not tell, that you drive with a car, so what does one do about showing the return flight ticket when applying for the visa? Is there a flight company that will refund all your money when you book a flight with them?

Thanks for sharing any experiences.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Easy to get an India visa in Armenia or Iran?

Postby steven » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Let us know if you find out elsewhere!
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

georgestravelsasia

Postby georgestravelsasia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Went to the embassy in Yerevan this Friday and they said no-no. Only for residents (Georgia or Armenia). Waiting for my man in Tehran to check there before I plan the next move :) Where did you get the pak visa ?
1 x

georgestravelsasia

Postby georgestravelsasia » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Got several reports from people who applied for an Indian visa in Tehran. It IS possible as a foreigner but if they never have seen your nationality before it will be difficult/lengthy. I dont think they will ask for a plane ticket, just say you're coming by bus from Pakistan.
I'm going there next week to apply and will post a report and link here.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Would e-visa be a possibility for you? (sorry not an India expert at all)
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

georgestravelsasia

Postby georgestravelsasia » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Just applied for an indian visa in Tehran last week, it is possible (French passport). Here is how it goes.

The embassy outsources the whole application process to a company whose website is indiavisairan.com
BEWARE the advertised opening hours, address, phone number and email are all outdated on the english version of the website.
The correct address is 145 Beheshti street, exactly in front of the Metro Sohrevardi entrance and near the cross with Sohrevardi street.
The application submission time is 8-12, Sundays to Thursdays. I came around 9.30 and if I had come any later my number would have turned out too late. The are lots of people. The whole process is quite lengthy, I came out shortly before 12.

1) Fill in the online application form at indiavisaonline.gov.in and print out.
--> Make sure to give an address in Tehran in "present address", the phone number should be iranian also. I gave my friends address and phone number, I guess hotel/hostel could also work.
--> Make sure to write the full name of your father and mother in the relevant fields, I had written only their last names and had to have the form refilled for an additional fee (100,000 rials or something).
--> If you have visited india before, you will be asked to enter the details of the previous visa. If it is not available to you just write NA in the relevant fields.
2) Print out the form, bring 2 photos (indian format 5*5 cm / 2*2 inches), photocopy of passport (main page, and all stamped and visa pages), your physical passport.
3) I was asked for a return plane ticket but as I said I was travelling by land they said it was not necessary.
3) Additional documents required : if you have visited India before, a photocopy of the previous indian visa and the old passport if it was in a different passport. In my case it was not available because I had to return the old passport to French government when applying for a new one. The agent just asked me to write an introduction letter stating why the old visa was not available and that was it. I still had a photocopy of the main page of the previous passport and also gave that.
In the introduction letter, on agent's recommendation, I also roughly explained my itinerary, why I needed a double entry visa and why I was asking for 6 month. (Indian visas start from date of issue so if you want to have enough time to reach India it's better to ask for a 6 month visa, they dont issue more than 6 month in this embassy as far as I understand, but maybe it depends on your passport). I did not write anything about how I was planning to leave India or where I was going next.
4) Total fee at time of writing : 3,840,000 rials (roughly 92 usd). Turnaround 8 working days. The fee is the same regardless of your passport I think.

Will edit the post when I get the result in 2 days.

Edit: Got 6-month double entry :D
2 x