Passport checking from Turkey to China.

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
gordaansiosa

Passport checking from Turkey to China.

Postby gordaansiosa » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Hello all,

I am riding overland from Europe to Malaysia, at least it is the plan. I am now in Turkey.
I have a problem with the passport, the passport is not expired and it's ok, but as I ordered a second one for the visa applications (China, Pakistan, India and Nepal), the first one (with visas for Iran, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan) is set as "lost"or "stolen" in the European and Interpol databases.

So, as far as they don't check the databases at the border, I should be fine, because the passport is ok
Do you know if in the borders of Georgia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan were checking it or just looking at the passport and letting you go?

Thank you in advance.
Regards
Samuel
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Passport checking from Turkey to China.

Postby Milad » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:57 pm

If your passport is set as lost/stolen in the database, you WILL run into serious trouble earlier or later. Depending on the country and mood of the officer, you might be refused entry, deported to the country of your citizenship or being forced to pay a bribe. E.g. the German MFA does even advise against travelling to some countries with passports that were previously set as lost/stolen and then deleted from the database, because the owner "found" them again.

Did you tell the authorities of your country that you lost your passport to be able to get a second one? Bad idea, as there are usually legal ways too to get a second passport.
1 x