Looking for a seat to Pamir Highway ( Osh- Dushanbe) start 1st-wk June

Share a ride on the Pamir Highway
Maggieyun

Looking for a seat to Pamir Highway ( Osh- Dushanbe) start 1st-wk June

Postby Maggieyun » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:31 am

Hi! My name is Maggie from Taiwan. I speak English, Mandarin. After spending some years in Africa and Myanmar, I am currently in the career break for some months. I visited Tajikistan in 2011 January and has been wanting to visit the country again to Pamir Highway when the weather is nicer. Early June is perfect for me and I am looking for a rideshare from Osh to Dushanbe in the first week of June.

Aside from that, I have been thinking if Ramandn(15 May- 15 June) is going to impact on driver's performance during the day. As he can only eat one meal per day, I am worried if they can concentrate enough on some section that might be risky... Also, it's gonna also be even harder to find food on the road though it's just some bread only. Anyone who knows how it may be?

Looking forward to hearing from the group!

Best,
Maggie
0 x

Elegy

Re: Looking for a seat to Pamir Highway ( Osh- Dushanbe) start 1st-wk June

Postby Elegy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi Maggie, I'm Dans from the USA. I'm looking to do that exact route right around that time. I'll be in China for most of May, then I'll head through Kyrgyzstan to do the road to Dushanbe from Osh the first week or so of June.

I hadn't considered the Ramadan implications, but hopefully someone will chime in with some information about that!
1 x

adamweiss71

Postby adamweiss71 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Not sure if it is too early for either of you, but we have a driver hired to travel from Osh to Khorog beginning one week before this - May 25 - and have two spaces still available! We plan to travel from May 25 - June 2, and the cost for the rideshare is $1090 total ($270/pp if four people travel) + accomodation. I put more information here, so let me know if you are interested! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4514

Cheers!
Adam
1 x

Maggieyun

Postby Maggieyun » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:46 am

Hi Adam,
Thank you for the comment. I read your schedule before I open this thread and was very intrigued. For now, starting the trip from early June works better for my schedule. I am waiting until the first week of May if there are more people for June. If not and you still have seat available then I should join you. Hope you won't mind. Thank you for sharing this. Maggie
0 x

Maggieyun

Postby Maggieyun » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:57 am

Dane, please let's talk! I left the reply in the other thread.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4452
0 x

joe

Postby joe » Thu May 17, 2018 11:19 am

Hi, Meggie, if it is not too late for you, we are two people starting from Osh on June 12-13. Up to you ;)
0 x

jjjason1

Postby jjjason1 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:56 am

Hi, I am a Chinese from Hong Kong and speak fluent English and Chinese. I am taking a few days off work from May 30 - June 3 and in the process of arranging a private car and driver to do the Pamir Highway. It's a bit rushed but that's all the time I can take off work. I will arrive into Dushanbe at around noon and will commence the trip on May 30 and will end up in Osh on June 3 to catch a departing flight. I am traveling by myself and welcome anyone to join and perhaps share a small portion of the cost.
0 x

katranytudo

Postby katranytudo » Sun May 20, 2018 12:43 pm

hi joe, sorry to jump in. your date would be fine for me.
how many days do you plan to spend on the road? what is the total cost for the vehicle & driver?

thanks in advance.
0 x

elrnas

Postby elrnas » Tue May 22, 2018 10:06 am

Hey guys,

If you're interested I am planning to do the route Osh to Dushanbe around June 18th. I was planning 5 days for the route.

I am French solo traveller fund of nature and adventure.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. :D
0 x

bknox21

Postby bknox21 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:44 am

Hey! I'm a 28 year old Canadian who is in Osh right now. I already have my e visa and GBAO so I am ready to go as soon as I find people to travel with. I was just living in China for 3 years so I can speak some Mandarin as well. I have a very flexible time frame for a pamir itinerary. you can either email me at [email protected] , I don't know if Taiwanese use wechat but if you have it my wechat is bknox21 or you can find me on Facebook at: Brandon Knox Chengdu . (I lost my previous cellphone that had my kyrgyz phone number so sorry I don't have a phone number right now). Really hope we get a great group of people and have an awesome adventour!
0 x