Georgia border crossing from Azerbaijan border with E-visa

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Afdhal

Georgia border crossing from Azerbaijan border with E-visa

Postby Afdhal » Fri May 18, 2018 10:45 am

Hi..
Currently I am in Baku, Azerbaijan and have a plan to visit Georgia by bus/train. I’m Indonesian and not a permanent residence of Azerbaijan, so I can’t apply visa at the Georgia Embassy in Baku, so I’ll apply e-visa.
But..
Last year my friends tried to cross the Georgia border from Azerbaijan by bus, but they were rejected because the hold e-visa not ordinary visa.
Does anyone have experience or new update for this issue?

Thanks..🙏🏾
0 x

laurent_rio

Re: Georgia border crossing from Azerbaijan border with E-visa

Postby laurent_rio » Thu May 24, 2018 12:59 am

Hi Afdhal,

I am Indonesian also. I cross the border Azerbaijan to Georgia (use Azerbaijan evisa and Georgia evisa) in Balakan/Lagodekhi (near Sheki, not the railway border) border and get pass easily, 2 of Indonesian who pass later at same border also pass through easily

But i know that several Indonesian that use Azerbaijan and Georgia evisa was prohibited to cross at railway border Azerbaijan-Georgia and forced to back to Baku to take flight to Tbilisi.
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:38 am

I am just wondering: were they sent back by the Georgian side or by the Azerbaijan side?
0 x
I try to read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

jzy218

Postby jzy218 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:16 am

I was sent back by Azerbaijan on the train from Baku to Tbilisi in June 2017. Solution was to find a taxi and cross through the land border.
0 x