Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Manchurianexie

Re: Uzbekistan e-visa Q&A

Postby Manchurianexie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:56 am

I'm in the process of trying to get an Uzbek visa for a planned Christmas trip but am having major issues with the website. At the moment I'm unable to get through to the payment process. I get the code, I copy it, I paste it, I enter the Captcha then it says that a paid application already exists and does nothing more. I did, once, get slightly further by trying to transfer the process onto my phone (The visa credit-card logo came up). But then it went "error" and stopped. Any idea what's going on??

Alternatively, what would be the process for applying for the visa at the embassy in Beijing? I know where it is (Roughly) but don't know what the opening hours are or what I need to take with me (Mr Google won't tell me). Furthermore; I have a digital photo that I had done yesterday for the online process. Would this be acceptable for an embassy application or do I need to get some traditional paper photos done?
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:03 am

Probably traditional paper photo. Go to https://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekista ... sy-reports, then to Beijing. There you will find a summary of embassy reports and a link to a forum topic with more detailed reports.

If you haven't read the e-visa chapter in the article, it might help as well with figuring out the website issues.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

swingaling

Postby swingaling » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Currently in the planning stages of a trip to the Stans in April 2019 and I'm trying to figure out the feasibility of one possible flight routing. It would involve entering Uzbekistan twice in the space of a week.

Entry #1:
Specifically, I'm planning to fly BKK to TAS on Uzbekistan Air (23:55 Saturday arrival at TAS). Overnight in Tashkent hotel and fly TAS to FRU the following morning on Uzbekistan Air (7:50 departure). Roughly 8 hours on the ground in Tashkent.

Entry #2:
Later that week (Wednesday probably), I'd again enter Uzbekistan. Most likely overland from Dushanbe to Samarkand. Then onward to TAS, where I'd depart for PEK a few days later.

For the first entry, I'd like to make use of visa-free transit. For the second entry, I'd like to use an e-visa. I have a US passport. Is this feasible? I'm worried that my first entry into UZ would use my e-visa automatically and I potentially wouldn't have sufficient time to get a new one prior to my second entry into UZ.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:49 am

I cannot answer if your e-visa would automatically be used up if you fly in: could be, haven't had anyone doing that yet.

Could you get an e-visa within the 3-4 days it takes you to exit and re-enter Uzbekistan? In theory it is enough time, if you manage to navigate the website successfully. If the previous 280 posts in this topic teach us anything, it is that this is not a given.

For a worry-free but more expensive experience, I suggest getting a double-entry visa before leaving for Uzbekistan.

If you are more risk-tolerant, you could try doing it the way you described.
0 x

Fala

Postby Fala » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:03 am

Hello.
I successfully got my visa, but when I go to their page to put in my activation code and retrieve the pdf file... It loads a box saying "loading", and gets stuck there, preventing me from accessing it. Any idea?
0 x

Sebpix

Postby Sebpix » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:14 am

Hi
I'm also having problems. I am stuck with the status "Application activated" for a week. I payed and filled the form without problems. My friend applied for his Visa at the same time, but received it after three days. Is it normal to take longer than 3 days? Any Idea how to fix it ?
Thanks in advance
0 x

Yekaterinburg

Postby Yekaterinburg » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Hey guys, wonder if anyone can help!
I paid for a visa but after I paid it said "Timeframe required to complete the authentication cycle has been exceeded.. please try again". Checked with my bank though and it went through! I haven't had a confirmation email and when I check the application status on their website it says "application activated" who h sounds pretty generic!

Has anyone been in this situation? Did you end up getting a visa? Should I phone the london embassy or the random helpline?

Many thanks :)
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:44 am

Please let us know what happened, Yekaterinburg! A lot of people report issues, it seems to always be something different to what the previous person struggled with, and we never get to hear what happened in the end: did they receive the visa, did it all work out or not?
0 x

Sebpix

Postby Sebpix » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:53 am

In the end our problem couldn't be fixed. The Uzbek Embassy in Teheran couldn't help us either. We just applied for a Embassy Visa, which worked.
1 x

Yekaterinburg

Postby Yekaterinburg » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Hey, sadly they did end up taking the money and despite making a £4 a minute call to their helpline and sending numerous emails in both English and Russian to their feedback address I never received a reply, let alone a visa. Very disappointing but glad I hadn't already booked flights. Will apply through the embassy next time :(
1 x