Crossing China from Kirghyzstan to Laos August-September 2019

Share guided tours for crossing China.
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Posts without a reply for more than 1 year are automatically removed.
MariedeMontreal

Crossing China from Kirghyzstan to Laos August-September 2019

Postby MariedeMontreal » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:28 am

We are looking to create or join a group of campervans crossing China from Kasgar to Mohan in August or September 2019 in order to share travel agency-guide costs. We are a couple of merry Canadians, we speek French and English, some Spanish and a bit of Italian and we will be driving a 4x4 Sprinter. We already have a proposal from one agency but are open to other suggestions.
0 x

adventuretourchina

Re: Crossing China from Kirghyzstan to Laos August-September 2019

Postby adventuretourchina » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:48 am

There are two routes(options) for this crossing according to your direction:
1. along the ancient silk road heading xi'an-chengdu-kunming-jinghong-mohan(china/laos border)-laos;
2. xinjiang-tibet-yunnan-laos: via G219 from kashgar to kailash, everest base camp and lhasa, then via G318 and G214 from lhasa to shagnri-la, lijiang, dali, Kunming, jinghong and mohan(china/laos border).

Normally route 1 is cheaper then route 2 (when the duration in china and the number of vehicles are the same).

Route 2 is challenge for drivers/passengers and also for vehicles because of high altitude.

As one of the highest motorable roads in the world, the breathtaking scenery of Rutok county also ranks as some of the most inhospitable terrain on the planet. Domar township—a town of concrete blocks and nomad tents—is one of the bleakest and most remote outposts of the People's Liberation Army at the edge of the Aksai Chin. Near the town of Mazar many trekkers turn off for both the Karakorum range and K2 base camp. Approaching the Xinjiang border, past the final Tibetan settlement of Tserang Daban is a dangerous 5,050-meter-high pass. Tibetan nomads in the area herd both yaks and two-humped camels. Descending through the western Kunlun Shan, the road crosses additional passes of 4,000 and 3,000 meters, and the final pass offers brilliant views of the Taklamakan Desert far below before descending into the Karakax River basin.

The road passes near Mount Kailash and Lake Manasarovar and Pangong Tso.
0 x

7days1shower

Postby 7days1shower » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:11 am

Hi - I am not sure if I would be suitable to join your group but I am exploring options of a Kyrgyzstan to Nepal crossing.

I wonder if there is a way for me to join your group for part of the journey and share costs respectively?
0 x

Spr110

Postby Spr110 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Oh pity! We are planning the same crossing in 2020! Safe travels!
0 x

Samlepompier

Postby Samlepompier » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:44 pm

Hello =)

I’m à French driver trying to reach Thailand. For now i’m in Georgia and i’m also looking for a group trip from Kighyzsran to Laos around August or September 2019. I’m a bit late but are you still looking for some road companion ?

Have fun on the road :).
0 x

CarlettoAvati

Postby CarlettoAvati » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Hey All,

My name is Carlo :)

I'm forming a group for the crossing from Kyrgyzstan to Nepal entering China on the last week of June.
Atm, we are 4 participants... 3 motorbikes and 1 car.

The tour will last 16 days; if anybody would be interested in joining, you are more then welcome to contact me :)

Safe travels,

Carlo
#OneRoadOneWorld
0 x

Maïna et Val

Postby Maïna et Val » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Hello Marie,
We will also be crossing China, but rather between September 15th and early October.
We arte also looking to leave as a group to lower the price.
Which roads did you choose to reach Laos and have you already found an agency ?
We would like more information as we are interested in joining you.
Maïna et Valentin
0 x

Jay&Jacko

Postby Jay&Jacko » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 am

Hi,
We are a British couple looking to cross china around the same time and would be really interested in joining your group to share costs. We're driving in a VW T5. We've been looking into doing the tour with NAVO Tours and have found these routes to be roughly what we need (with the NAVO codes to find them on their website):

Kazakhstan-Laos (31st Aug 2019-15th Sep 2019) [NAVO-SD-102].

Mongolia-Laos (20th Sep 2019-14th Oct 2019) [NAVO-SD-803].

Kyrgyzstan-Shanghai (3rd Sep 2019-27th Sep 2019) [NAVO-SD-106] *A ferry from Shanghai to leave China.

Kyrgyzstan-Laos (26th Oct 2019-23rd Nov 2019) [NAVO-SD-103].

Please don't hesitate to contact via replying to the post or by emailing us at [email protected].

Nath & Hannah.
0 x

tomroshiva

Postby tomroshiva » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Hello all!

So nice to find this group of people searching for travel companions! We are a couple, Spanish & British, traveling with our dog (Shiba) and our motorhome. We are currently in Georgia and having a nightmare with Russian Visas to cross to Kazahkstan. Hopefully, we will get it sorted soon so we can move forward to the stans. We would love to join a group to cross from any of the stans to either Mongolia or India/Nepal/Laos this summer. We have lot of flexibility with both route and dates. Can someone let us know how much the costs are and what they include? Has anyone got the Chinese visa and driving license yet? As we said before, we are also traveling with our dog which makes things a bit more complicated, specially in China but we would really love to join some of you!

Anyone interested can email us at [email protected]

Thank you!
Rocio & Tom
0 x

Maïna et Val

Postby Maïna et Val » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Hello everybody,

I send you messages but I haven no new's... I leave you my mail : [email protected]
For the moment we ask with agences for the price. My ideal date of crossing of china will be end September /beginning of October.
If you are interested, do ont hesitate to contact us.
See you soon !

Maïna et Valentin
0 x