Denov/Denau: reports and Q&A

All about Uzbekistan.
steven
Admin
Admin

Denov/Denau: reports and Q&A

Postby steven » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:17 am

We welcome reports about Denov/Denau. Especially with regards to the hotels in Denau, and the state of the madrasa we are lacking updated info. Let us know if you have been!

https://caravanistan.com/uzbekistan/south/denau/

Questions are welcome too :-)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

waltereegho

Re: Denov/Denau: reports and Q&A

Postby waltereegho » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 pm

I spent some time in Denov recently. If you're going there for the Sangardak waterfalls, don't bother: it's all fake rocks and shoddy construction, though the ride there is beautiful. Denov itself has one of the nicest bazaars I've come across in Uzbekistan, well worth a visit if you find yourself in town.
I stayed at Hotel Denov (50.000 for a double with shared bathroom). Okay room, filthy bathroom, great wifi. The manager speaks English. Other options in Denov include the upmarket EurAsia hotel, or you can get a luxury room at Hotel Denov for 170.000.
If you need a guide or simply good company, Assam is the man to contact. He sells sunflower seeds at the bazaar, speaks superb English and is eager to meet travelers passing through. He can organise transport and tours around the area for very reasonable prices. I'm posting his phone number with his consent. +998 905 680 358
2 x