Multiple-Entry Visa for Afghanistan

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
jacoblab1

Multiple-Entry Visa for Afghanistan

Postby jacoblab1 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:28 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping to visit Afghanistan this summer. My original plan was to only visit the Wakhan Corridor for 15 days or so, getting my visa in Khorog.
Visiting other regions of the country was on my radar, but seemed like too much of a visa hassle.

With the new news of Uzbekistan going visa-free for my country (Canada), a second entry to Afghanistan is seeming more plausible. I could enter/exit Afghanistan from Uzbekistan with only a second entry on my Afghan visa required.

So my question - is there any way to get a multi-entry tourist visa for Afghanistan? From what I've read, Khorog only issues Afghan visas for visiting the Wakhan, and won't give one for visiting any other locations.

I will be in Islamabad before I would visit Afghanistan, so applying there is a possibility. I also am from Ottawa, so I have an Afghan embassy nearby. I sent them an email inquring about this, but they seem to also require an invitation letter which I'd need to figure out how to get.

Just curious if anyone has ever had luck getting a double-entry visa for Afghanistan. I'd love to visit Mazar-i-Sharif, but I need to find a way to get a second entry!

Thanks in advance. I'll edit this post with any info that the Afghan Embassy in Ottawa provides me.
1 x
My budget solo-travel blog: On The Way Around

jacoblab1

Re: Multiple-Entry Visa for Afghanistan

Postby jacoblab1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Just an update - the Afghan embassy in Ottawa replied to my email stating that they will only give a 30 day single entry tourist visa (with an invitation letter).
From the searching I've done, it seems multiple-entry tourist visas aren't offered anywhere at this time. Guess I'll have to pay the visa price twice!
1 x
My budget solo-travel blog: On The Way Around