Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
wanderlust2

Re: Pakistan e-visa and VOA Q&A

Postby wanderlust2 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:59 pm

7days1shower wrote:Hi all,

Submitting my experience.

I'm an Australian citizen born in India.
..... some lines deleted...

Thought I would give Pakistan another shot only to find that paper based applications were no longer accepted.

I completed the online form which required letter of invitation, copy of inviting hosts CNIC, passport copy and passport photo.

Selected land borders for entry and exit.

Submitted 5th May, received 10th May

Very fast, easy and successful despite previous rejection which I had to disclose

This is excellent news!! I applied with US passport (born in India) at the NY consulate in Dec 2017 for a trip in 2018 summer. After 7 months and jumping through many hoops, I had given up and went with plan B. I was Baku when I received an email stating the visa was issued and to come pick it up. I explained that it was too late and I could only go in 2019 summer. Surprisingly, they have actually issued me a visa so I am off to Pakistan this summer.
1 x

Chinwei

Postby Chinwei » Mon May 20, 2019 9:32 am

I have got the visa on arrival but the email mentioned that I can only travel to Pakistan by airport. I want to cross the border by land and I have to cross there within few days. Can anyone advise me? Has anyone crossed the border successfully by land with visa on arrival?
0 x

BlueNonoka

Postby BlueNonoka » Mon May 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Chinwei wrote:I have got the visa on arrival but the email mentioned that I can only travel to Pakistan by airport. I want to cross the border by land and I have to cross there within few days. Can anyone advise me? Has anyone crossed the border successfully by land with visa on arrival?

Hi Chinwei,
In your case I'd suggest that you contact Pakistan Online Visa Support (https://visa.nadra.gov.pk/contact/) quoting your Visa Tracking ID.
Did you select the land border as entry point when you were applying for the VOA?
Best of luck!
0 x

Chinwei

Postby Chinwei » Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm

I didn't choose the land border as per entry because there was not the option during that time. I had written many email about this, I am still waiting for his reply.
0 x

7days1shower

Postby 7days1shower » Tue May 21, 2019 12:13 am

Might be quicker just to lodge a new application for an e-visa and select the land border
0 x

Tamara

Postby Tamara » Sun May 26, 2019 9:18 am

Thanks for all the helpful info!
I have been using this website and all the info on Facebook to gather info on the Pakisan visa.
We are travelling by car and would need an overland visa. At first we thought we meedeed an visa via the embassy, but now it looks like we can Apple for an e-visa since they have adres land borders. Did any of you get an overlanding e-visa yet?

I read this:
chinwei: Based on what it says on the e-visa website and what others have written in this thread, it seems a hotel booking is enough. a LOI is not necessary. The Pakistan visa page is being kept up to date so you can look there for a summary of this thread:

Does this mean I don’t need an LOI anymore?

Kind regards,
Tamara
0 x

asad.roman

Postby asad.roman » Sun May 26, 2019 11:04 am

Dear All ,

My german friends have applied for visa online on 13th May 2019 and so far we haven't received ETA. the status shows " receiving " from last 5 days but no action so far. Any idea whats going on?
0 x

pak2019

Postby pak2019 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:04 pm

HI All,

Can someone please provide me a complete list of documents required for a Tourist e-Visa. I'm a British Citizen (Non-Pakistani). My friend in Pakistan will provide me mandatory documents mentioned in the e-visa application form including Letter of Invitation and CNIC copy. I'll have scanned copies of my Passport and a Photograph. Does my friend need to get LOI and CNIC duly notarized or attested?

Do I need to provide any additional documents to support my application e.g. Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Employment Verification Letter, Payslips etc. Also do I need to ask my Pakistani friend to send his side of documents e.g. Bank Statement, Lease Agreement, Utility Bill etc?

Regards
0 x

7days1shower

Postby 7days1shower » Mon May 27, 2019 8:25 am

I supplied the following

My passport copy
Letter of invitation
Front and back CNIC

Nothing notarised
2 x

imdumas

Postby imdumas » Mon May 27, 2019 11:20 am

Here is my experience with the e-visa:

Nationality: SPANISH (I live in Madrid).
Time of processing: JUST 2 DAYS!! No interview needed. I uploaded my chinese visa and my indian visa to ensure my approval, because I will cross the Karakorum road and when I phoned the ambassador, he asked me to obtain these visas before.
Port of entry: wahga border (amritsar-lahore)
Port of exit: Sost (karakoram road)

Documents submitted:
LOI: from caravanistan tour operator suggestion, you need to pay through western union
Passport
Passport picture
(chinese visa + indian visa)
1 x