Embassy report: Tajik visa in Bishkek

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Embassy report: Tajik visa in Bishkek

Postby bwv812 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:39 am

I have heard of single-entry being converted to double entry in Khorog, for someone who picked up an Afghan visa there on a whim.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

Cam

Postby Cam » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:43 pm

I had my Tajik visa processed in under 45 minutes today, Australian passport. $75USD for 45 days and with GBAO. Guards and lady behind counter super friendly. It really pays to be really organised and to fill out your forms before you arrive to keep on their good side. I could see some frustration with a less organised person. opening hours according to sign on fence and guards is 9-5, closed for lunch 1-2pm. keep in mind these hours don't seem to match those listed in previous post.
0 x

cherishka

Embassy Report: Tajik Visa in Bishkek (July 2017)

Postby cherishka » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:54 am

I had my application form filled and brought along a passport photo and copy of Kyrgyz entry stamp and passport.

Arrived at 9ish am, first person there and they started the visa process right away.

Some confusion about how I had previously filled a form online in the evisa system. So I had to go online to the evisa page to cancel that application first so they can continue process my visa. (Done on mobile phone) Even I entered Kyrgyzstan with US passport they allowed me to use my Hong Kong passport to apply for the Tajik visa.

Visa issued on the spot within 30 minutes! A painless and simple experience overall! However, I saw a Japanese traveler there being told to come back same day at 3pm. So I guess it doesn't hurt to as if you can wait while they take their time to issue your visa on the spot.

Hong Kong Passport
$85 (multiple entry visa, 30 day, with GBNO permit) and
200Som
2 x

daway

Postby daway » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Bishkek, US passport

$85 + 200 som for a 45 day, multiple entry with GBAO

One other person there, had the visa within 45 minutes.
1 x

janji

Postby janji » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:32 am

September 2017
30 days double (on visa it is written multiple anyway) entry tourist visa + GBAO. Polish passport. 85usd + 200som. Application on 9am, pick-up on 3pm same day. 1 photo required. Fingerprints on passport collection.
0 x

belfastpilot

Postby belfastpilot » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Does anyone have a link to where I can get the application form? Some official Tajik government websites suggest I should provide my details online before going to the embassy (not the same website as the e-visa site), but the impression I get from this forum is that you don't need to, just turn up with money, passport, photos, and maybe a filled in form..or pen!
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Postby bwv812 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:08 pm

Just bring a pen; it's pretty painless.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: https://silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

awanderingkiwi

Postby awanderingkiwi » Wed May 09, 2018 3:43 pm

Got my Tajik visa on the 6th of may, nz passport.
—consular officer was a bit funni at the start but overly kind and helpful at the end. Lady/secretary was lovely also!
— Taxi there (should) cost 150 soms from the City Centre, or there’s many marschrootkas going to the shabdan baatyr, kuyruchuk rd crossings (for 10 soms).
— opening times are Monday to Friday, 9—12 and 2—5pm.
— don’t need to fill out the form in advance, just turn up in the morning with a pen, 1x Photo, and your passport, and you come back in the afternoon to pick it up again (making payment and giving fingerprints on collection).
—Visa is for 45 days (he told me 30 at the start, but I queried it and received 45) whilst the gbao permit (for the Pamir highway) is only for 30 days, both are for fixed dates.
—The visa costs 50usd, whilst the GBAO permit costs 25usd (only payable in usd) with a 200—300 som ˋˋpocket money´´ charge (they asked me for 200, whilst they asked a French couple for 300 each, on the same day!)
— i asked for a double entry, and the said no, unless I had proof or had travel plans that would explain the need for multiple entry. (And they currently do not accept plans of entering Afghanistan as reason to give a double entry, due to the current unstable situation there).

Was a good embassy and an easy, highly recommendable! (:
2 x

Edmund

Postby Edmund » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:22 am

I got my tajik visa today in Bishkek. I used this website : https://www.visa.gov.tj/index.html#/ in order to get my visa pre-approved. Thanks to that I didn't have to wait for a day, instead I got the visa in just three hours. If you use that website, you just need to download and print the filled out application form and bring it to the embassy. No passport photos required. I paid 50$ for the visa + 20$ for the gbao permit.
2 x

kimomydog

Postby kimomydog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:47 pm

Since I've benefitted so much from these forums, it's time to give back!

SUMMARY:
-Tajik visa + GBAO permit = $50 usd + $20 usd. No additional fee.
-Arrived at embassy at 9:30am September 13, 2018 (Thursday) and picked up/paid visa on the next day at 10:00am.
-Didn't complete any forms (physical or online) previously.
-Needed passport, forms the embassy gave me, and small facial photo to attach to the form...and fingers for digital fingerprinting (in person at the embassy).
-Asked for double entry visa for a total of 30 days, but was only given single entry for 30 days with the explanation that this particular embassy only gives out single entry visas.
-Tajik visa is a page-sized signed sticker, and the GBAO permit is just a signed stamp.
-USA citizen.

MORE DETAILS:
The embassy is located in the southeastern part of the city quite a ways from the city center. It took me about 20-30 minutes on a marshrutka each way. Marshrutka #212 leaves from the big bazaar, passes through the city center, and can drop you off within 0.5 km (or less) from the Tajik embassy at the intersection. 10 som per person per direction. From the marshrutka bus stop, it's a straight residential road from the main street direct to the embassy. If you walk the road you cannot miss it as the street leads into the walls of the embassy. There is a little guardhouse and a door. If there is a guard just say "visa" and he'll let you in. If no guard, just open the door and proceed forward to the building ahead. I got there at 9:30am and only one group of travellers was before me being helped.

For me, there was a super nice young/middle-age-ish gentleman at the window helping people get their visas. He speaks English really well with a soft voice. Tell him if you want the visa and the GBAO permit (if you are travelling between Osh and Khorog, you need the GBAO permit). He will hand you two forms...one is the official Tajik visa form with all the boxes you need to fill out that looks like all the other visa applications out there, and the other is a simple form for the GBAO permit. He will tell you what to write for the GBAO permit. "Pamir travel." He is the same guy that processes the visa, so it's best to simply write what he tells you to write. When I was finished with the forms, I gave it to him, my passport, and my photo. He made a copy of my passport, gave it back to me, and told me to come back the next day at 10:00am. He told me to pay the next day.

I arrived there around 9:30am, and I was done around 10:30am. By that time, several other groups of people have entered, so it's important to come early if you don't want to wait in line. I walked back to the main intersection to catch #212 marshrutka back to the city center.

The next day, I returned at 10:00am. This time, no one was there before me. I gave him my passport, and it took a while for the same gentleman to insert all the information. Then he took digital fingerprints from my fingers.

Before he puts the visa in your passport, he will show you the visa sticker. If not, request to do so. He accidentally put my entry and exit date as 2028, which is super far from now and not good for my travel plans!!! He then took another 20 minutes to remove the sticker and then make a new one. Once he gives you the sticker (and the GBAO stamp), you pay $50 usd for the visa and $20 usd for the permit. Bring usd! Once you have paid, you are free to go. It was about 11:00am when I left, and there was actually a line of people waiting to be serviced, so again...show up early!!!

I hope this helps!
2 x