Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
discopanda

Re: Kazakhstan new visa free rule 2015

Postby discopanda » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:59 am

Hello everyone,

I've been getting some mixed answers regarding doing visa runs from different agencies. Is there any legislation regarding the maximum amount of days you can stay in Kazakhstan using the visa-free regime? One agency (non-governmental if I'm correct, so not sure how valid this advice was) told me that the government will start being more strict concerning indefinite visa-free entries. Basically, I want to keep on doing this for the rest of the year, or get a visa in the EU, but doing visa runs is quite convenient.

I've been doing visa runs since August (Almaty - Kordai), everything has been fine so far, did another run yesterday which also went smoothly. In case it interests someone, this is how I do it:
From Sairan avtovokzal, prices to get to the border vary from 2000-3000 tenge for ONE PLACE in a taxi. Taxi drivers will try to convince you to pay for the entire car so they can go immediately, tell them you just want one spot. 2000 is considered cheap, 2500 is quite an average price, never pay more than 3000. Check the car for winter tires in winter. Don't pay up front. Usually the taxi driver will get fuel on the way and ask for payment then. Don't pay for your way back until you are in the car back and the driver is getting gas again.
Usually when I'm at Sairan around 9:30, the spots in the car have to fill up, afterwards is about a 3-4 hour drive. I cross the border, immediately cross back, drink a cup of coffee, and get a taxi back (that obviously has to fill up too). In general, I'm back by 17 at Sairan. Avoid going on snowy days, the ride will take much longer.
Don't forget your migration card when you go, don't forget to get a migration card when you cross back into Kazakhstan. Make sure you have 2 stamps.

There is a decent toilet at the Kazakh side of the border next to the gas station for 50 tenge. The one on Kyrgyz side is a more traditional hole in the ground.

Hope this helps anyone!
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:11 am

If the agency has some concrete evidence, please let us know. Until that time, it's business as usual. I know people who have been doing visa runs for years, no problem.
1 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

trabuccoitalia

Postby trabuccoitalia » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:56 pm

Julia wrote:
trabuccoitalia wrote:Hey guys, as far as I know there are no border controls between Russia and KZ, right?
I have Italian passport (so I don't need KZ Visa) and multiple russian visa. If I enter KZ by land, how can enter legally?

There is border control.
To enter Kazakhstan from Russia you need to choose one of the border crossing check points and cross the border only there.
There are a few legal border crossings.

Thank you (and Cristiano too)! I assume that if I take an international bus route from Russia to KZ it will be an border open for foreigners or there might be some exceptions?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Postby steven » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:25 am

Yes, that will be fine.
0 x
I read the forum every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

Julia
Kazakhstan expert
Kazakhstan expert

Postby Julia » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:46 am

There are international border crossings open for all passport holders and border crossings open for locals only.

Don't know where exactly your bus is going to cross the border. I guess one of the international border crossings.

Here is the list of international border crossings between Kazakhstan and Russia so you can check if you go through one of them:

Курмангазы 
Таскала
Сырым
Аксай
Алимбет
Жайсан
Кайрак
Акбалшик
Жана Жол
Каракога
Урлитобе
Сулу Агаш