What to do for a no response to Pakistan visa application

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
Cornster

What to do for a no response to Pakistan visa application

Postby Cornster » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Dear friends,
I’m writing to get advice. 3 (THREE) years ago in April of 2016, I applied for a Tourist visa for Pakistan. I am an American citizen. I applied as I should have, through the Houston, Texas Consulate here in the U.S.
In February of 2017, I resent the application as per their request, along with another more photos and another Letter of Invitation. Since then, I have had no response and I cannot get anyone at the Houston Consulate to help me . I’ve tried everything including calling all of the other consulates here in the U.S. , emailing, calling the Embassy in Washington D.C. and even calling to Islamabad.
From the Houston Consulate I get responses like, “apply again.” But as I have spent close to 400 dollars (visa fee plus, photos, Letters of Invitation, mailing costs (twice)) , I’m very resistant to applying again and losing more money.

At some point awhile back, I decided that I just want an answer...be it an acceptance or a rejection. If this was a business behaving like this there would be some sort of recourse.

I’ve made friends on Facebook who work in the tourist industry in Pakistan and they seem keen to help, but then I’ve never heard back from them or they cannot provide the help.
I’m understandably beyond frustrated.

Does anyone have any similar situation to share and what can be done? I’m looking for any ideas at this point.
THANKS in advance for both listening and responding!
0 x