We will help you to follow the routes of Marco Polo the most beautiful passes of the Great Silk Road. This particular adventure takes you to the land lying in the middle of the high mountains of Tien Shan – range between China and the West. You will cross the fast flowing rivers and high mountains through the power of Kyrgyz horses, the most important animals to remain nomads of ancient times.
During this journey, you will encounter nomads of the Great Pamir Alay valley and get to know their culture and traditions. Main curiosities: Sary Moghol village and pasture; canyon of Djiptik; lakes of Sary Moghol.
Day 1: Sary-Mogol (2980 m) – Jiptik Suu pass (4186 m):
Meeting with our guide. Departing from Sary-Mogol following the Kalka Toer river. Passing the jaïloo of Kara Bel and Jiptik Suu river. We ride along the old dirty road to the foot of the pass. If the weather is good, we hike to the pass (less than 180m vertical drop). In the afternoon, we descent to Sary-Mogol Jailoo, which is located on the foot of the peak Bekmat (4483m). Night at the yurt camp. (28km ride, 6h)
Day 2: Day of riding around the Jailoo Sary-Moghol:
In the morning we ride along the defile until high lakes of Sary-Mogol. A landscape of high mountains. Thirteen lakes are surrounded by glaciers. Color of the water depend on filtration through the moraine. If the weather is favorable, we can hike to the Sary Moghol pass (4303m.) or to tongues of glaciers. In the middle of afternoon, back to jailoo of Sary Moghol. We will spend the night and dinner in a yurt. (24km ride, 5-6h)
Day 3: Jailoo Sary Moghol – Korumdu:
We ride up to the head-spring of the Korumdu river and reach the plateau of Kaltatoer. (high point 4069m.). In the afternoon ride down to Balykty river back to Sary-Moghol village. (30km ride, 6h)
Price per person
- 2 pax 380 $/pp
- 3 pax 300 $/pp
- 4 pax 270 $/pp
- 5 pax 250 $/pp
- 6+ pax 240 $/pp
Sometimes we have open groups for horse riding, you can join the tour with other people. Please request.
- – local guide (basic English speaking if available
- – horse-guide
- – full board meals
- – accommodation in yurt
- – horse rental
Price does not include:
- – transport to or from Sary Moghol (can be arranged on request),
- – accommodation in Sary Moghol
- – insurances,
- – airfare and taxes,
- – alcohol and mineral water,
- – additional services
- – This tour riding is made especially for experienced riders. During this visit the average altitude is 3300 meters above sea level
- – The weather conditions can be difficult and fall down till -5°C near passes. We recommend that you have special equipment to cope with the storm, snow, rain and hail. The nights can be very cold.
- – No visa is required for citizens of USA, EU, Japan and Canada citizenship. (total of 59 countries, up to 60 days, 6 month passport validity) www mfa kg
- – This program can be changed in cases of changes in schedule of flights, weather conditions and other unforeseen conditions.
Preparations before tour:
Kyrgyzstan is a young developing country and Infrastructure of villages is not at a very high level. Refusing hospitality is often becomes annoying. In order to avoid misunderstandings, read some guidebooks and other books about Kyrgyzstan before you get prepared to your visit.
Hope to see you soon!