Route: Almaty – Turgen ravine – Batan – Big Kairak waterfall – Bartugul hole – Turgen river – Batan – Almaty
- Hours per day: 4-5 hours
- Difference of heights: 1800m – 3100m
- Category of difficulty: ٭ a walking route not really difficult, by good trails up to 3500 meters above sea level
- Weather conditions: +20°С…+24°С during a day, +8°С…+12°С in the night
This is not long, but very informative tour full of majestic views and discovery: unique historical monuments and great natural phenomenon like waterfalls and high-altitude lakes, rock canyons and snow peaks are waiting to be revealed by adventurer.
The trekking route is radial, so it starts and ends in Batan place. The main path crosses holes of Bartugul, Kairak and Temirtas along the upper timberline and comes up to Mountain Institute glacier where Turgen river springs from.
The way back follows down Turgen gorge along main river flow. There are great views of main ridge Zailisky Alatau with its glaciers and snow peak appears from the path.
The most interesting points to be seen during a trek are Big Kairak waterfall with the height of 45 meters, and Saki barrows that are situated at a plateau in a mysterious symmetry. Saki barrows are dated to the 500 B.C.E. but still are in a very good state of preservation.
Drive Almaty – Turgen ravine– Batan village, 2 hours. Start trekking up following Turgen river, up to the confluence of rivers Kairak and Turgen, 2.5 hours. Ascent by the good path along Kairak river, via waterfall up to good camping glade, 2 hours. Overnight in tents at the height of 2250m above sea level. On the basis of our own safari-camping zone in Turgen.
Breakfast and camp packing procedures. Follow the path that crosses holes of Bartugul, Kairak and Temirtas along the upper timberline and comes up to the upper reaches of Turgen river, 6 hours. Overnight in tents at the height of 2700m.
Breakfast and camp packing procedures. Cross down to Batan following main Turgen river flow, 5 hours. Drive back from Batan to Almaty city, 2.5 hours.
Join as an individual or a team. Scheduled group tour dates:
28 – 30 June 2017
12 – 14 July 2017
23 – 25 August 2017
Note: More dates might be available if several people form a group and propose a date. Please contact us via booking form.
- Price p/p in a group of 4-8 – 285 USD
- Price p/p in a group of 2-3 – 310 USD
- Individual price (1 person) – 610 USD
- – transport from Almaty city to the start place and back
- – mountain guide(s) services
- – National park fees and permissions
- – rent of bivouac equipment (for the programs of 2 days and more): living tents, portable gas kitchen gear, tableware etc.
- – foodstuff for all the period of trek (for the treks of 2 days and more)
- – safety in trek: emergency satellite connection, GPS monitoring with GPS spot
Price does not include:
- – porter services. It means that all the weight of common gear (like tents, food, gas etc.) will be divided between all the members including guides, and will have to be carried all together
- – rent of personal clothes, boots etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us via booking form.