We welcome you to experience horseback riding to the famous Song Kol Lake in the middle of the Tien Shan Mountain Range in the heart of Central Asia. These mountains are largely underexplored and a true playground for all nature loves. The best way to explore these mountains is on horseback where you’re able to get close to the local culture while on horseback. You will fall in love with the high alpine valleys dotted with Yurts and the turquoise lakes in the distance.
Day 1. Transfer Kochkor – Kilemche – Song Kol (Tuz Ashuu):
After breakfast at 9 am your guide will meet you at your guesthouse in Kochkor. Then you will be transferred 2.5 hours from Kochkor to Kilemche. After an early lunch, the horseback riding will start. You will be guided from Kilemche over the “Jalgyz Karagay” 3437m pass. Then your guide will bring you through the Tuz Ashuu Jailoo to your Yurt Camp where you will spend the night. Accommodation in yurt at 3200m. 4 hours of horseback riding 12km.
Day 2. Song Kol (Tuz Ashuu) – Song Kol (Tulpar Tash):
After breakfast, you will ride from Tuz Ashuu Jailoo to Tulpar Tash Jailoo which will bring you to the beautiful shoreline of Song Kol lake 3016m. Today is a great day to get close to Kyrgyz nomadic life, stop at a yurt camp and have a cup of kumis and share a cup of tea with the locals. In the evening, you will arrive at your Yurt camp and be able to share a dinner with the family that is running the yurt camp. Accommodation in yurts at 3000m. 3-4 hours of horseback riding 14km.
Day 3. Song Kol (Tulpar Tash) – Tash Doeboe (Song Kol):
After breakfast, you will be guided to the south shore of Song Kol lake. You will be able to pass though many yurt camps and you just might be invited to join a local family for a tea along the way. Once you reach the south shore of Song Kol lake dinner will be ready and you will be accommodation in yurts at 3000m. 5 hours of horseback riding 22 km.
Day 4. Tash Doeboe (Song Kol) – Moldo Ashuu:
After breakfast, you will have a full day of adventure by riding thought the Moldo Too Range over the Moldo Pass 3445m pass. The Modo Pass is well known for its amazing views of Song Kol lake and the surrounding area. This night, you will be accommodated in the village of Jangi Talap at a guesthouse 1500m. 4 hours of horseback riding 15 km.
Price per person
- 2 pax – 650 $/per
- 3 pax – 530 $/per
- 4 pax – 480 $/per
- 5 pax – 410 $/per
- 6 pax – 390 $/per
- 7 pax – 370$/per
- 8 pax – 350 $/per
Sometimes we have open groups for horse riding, you can join the tour with other people. Please request.
– Transport (vehicle and driver): transfer from Kochkor to Kilemche (start of horsetrek), transfer from Song Kol to Ak-Tal (Jangy Talap)
– Guide interpreter
– Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
– Accommodation in yurts (3 nights) and 1 night in Ak-Tal (Jangi Talap)
– Rent of horses and horse porter
Price does not include:
– Transfer to Kochkor and from Jangi Talap to Bishkek
– Travel insurance
– Airtickets and taxes
– Hotel in Bishkek
– Alcohol and mineral water
– Additional services
- This program is designed for experienced riders, 6-7 hours of riding per day, but not difficult. Therefore also open to amateur riders.
- We recommend you to have special clothing to face storm, snow, rain and hail. Nights can be very cold 0-5°C
- No visa is required for citizens of USA, EU, Japan and Canada citizenship. (total of 59 countries, up to 60 days, 6 month passport validity) www mfa kg
- This is a draft program. It can be changed in cases of changes in schedule of flights, weather conditions and other unforeseen conditions.
Preparations before tour:
Kyrgyzstan is a young developing country and Infrastructure of villages is not at a very high level. Refusing hospitality is often becomes annoying. In order to avoid misunderstandings, read some guidebooks and other books about Kyrgyzstan before you get prepared to your visit.
Hope to see you soon!