Route: Almaty – Gorge of the Turgen – Batan river – Kayrak waterfall – Bartugul tract – Turgen river – glacier lakes – glacier of the Mountain institute – Batan – Almaty
- Hours per day: 6-7 hours
- Difference of heights: 1700m – 3400m
- Category of difficulty: ٭٭ walking route is not really difficult by good paths, sometimes by snow above 3500meters sea level
- Weather conditions: +15°С…+24°С during a day, +3°С…+8°С at night.
Day 1. Drive Almaty – gorge Turgen – Batan – 2.5 hours. Hike up following the Turgen River, to the confluence with the Kairak River – 2.5 hours. Move further along the Kairak River, passing by the waterfall, up to a suitable camping glade – 2 (3) hours. Overnight in tents at a height of 2250m (camp 1).
Day 2. Breakfast and camp packing. Passage through the Temirtas tract along the timberline, to the upper reaches of the Turgen River, 6 hours. Overnight in tents at a height of 2700m (camp 2).
Day 3. Breakfast. Radial hiking to the glacial lakes which located at a height of 3400m. The trail passes through a zone of alpine meadows. Return back to the same camp at 2700m. 6-7 hours of hiking in total.
Day 4. Breakfast. Radial hiking on the glacier of the Mountain Institute. The path begins without a trail along the terminal moraine, and leads to the glacier where one can see the whole diversity of the glacial relief.Return back to the same camp at 2700m. 6-7 hours of hiking in total.
Day 5. Breakfast and camp packing. Descent to the valley by the trail along the Turgen River, up to Batan village, 7 hours. Transfer back to the city 2 hours
- Price p/p in a group of 4-8 – 495 USD
- Price p/p in a group of 2-3 – 540 USD
- Individual price (1 person) – 970 USD
- – transport from Almaty city to the start place and back
- – mountain guide(s) services
- – National park fees and permissions
- – rent of bivouac equipment: living tents, portable gas kitchen gear, tableware etc.
- – foodstuff for all the period of trek
- – safety in trek: emergency satellite connection, GPS monitoring with GPS spot
Price does not include:
- – porter services. It means that all the weight of common gear (like tents, food, gas etc.) will be divided between all the members including guides, and will have to be carried all together
- – rent of personal clothes, boots etc.
If you have any questions, please contact us via booking form.