Highlights: Ashgabat and the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Nisa, Merv, Konye-Urgench, Derweze gas crater, Dashoguz, Turkmenbashi, Yangikala
The programs we prepared for you here reflect just a small sample of the most popular programs requested by travellers in the past. They can easily be tailor-made to fit your wishes and interests, the level of comfort you wish during your trip, and the amount of time available to you. Please, also have a look at our fixed departure tour programs for more ideas to compose your optimal trip. All programs can also easily be adjusted to travellers coming from or going to the neighbouring countries of Uzbekistan, Iran, Kazakhstan or Azerbaijan. Also for travellers with special interest in horse riding, walking or biking, archaeology, geology or bird watching, we have various samples available.
Welcome to 5th Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games 2017 in Ashgabat! The games will be held between 17-27 September. Tickets and info: www.ashgabat2017.com
Day 1. Ashgabat
City tour, including a visit of Nisa (UNESCO) and the National Museum. Other things that can be added during this day include for example visits to the Neutrality Arch, the Independence Park, the Ferris Wheel, the Ahalteke Monument, Ertogrul Ghazi Mosque, the Central Bazaar and surrounding parks, statues and theatres, the Fountain Complex and Statue of Oguzkhan.
Day 2. Ashgabat – Mary – Ashgabat (by plane)
Day trip to Mary, with a visit of Merv (UNESCO) and the Mary History and Ethnography Museum. Flight time: 40 minutes per flight.
Day 3. Ashgabat – Derweze (4×4)
Jeep safari (long drive, approx. 8 hours) through the Karakum Desert, via Erbent and Damla settlements to Derweze. Set up camp. Cam dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 4. Derweze – Dashoguz – Ashgabat (4×4)
Transfer to Dashoguz, with a visit of Kunye-Urgench (UNESCO) on the way. Flight from Dashoguz to Ashgabat. Flight time: 50 minutes.
Day 5. Ashgabat – Turkmenbashi (4×4)
Day trip in the surroundings of Ashgabat, including a visit of Turkmenbashi Mosque and Mausoleum, Geok Depe Mosque, Kowata underground lake in Baharden town, and the tribal cemetery and a silk weaving home workshop in Nohur village in the Kopetdag Mountains. Evening flight to Turkmenbashi. Flight time: 60 minutes.
Day 6. Turkmenbashi – Yangikala – Turkmenbashi (4×4)
Day trip to the Yangikala Canyons. (this is a long day trip; it is recommended to plan 1 overnight in the canyons, in tents or in the pilgrim site of Gozli Ata)
Day 7. Turkmenbashi – Ashgabat (by plane)
Morning flight back to Ashgabat. Flight time: 60 minutes. Afternoon to be spent as requested (for example for a visit to the Weekend Bazaar, stables of the famous Ahalteke horses, or the Carpet Museum).
Price per person (twin-share basis): 1672 USD (5*), 1644 USD (4*), 1490 USD (3*)
Group discounts available
- Visa support (Letter of Invitation, State Registration, Travel Pass)
- All transfers and all other overland transport as per program per AC vehicles
- Domestic airline tickets (economy seats, Boeing 717 aircraft)
- Accommodation based on twin-shared hotel room, including breakfast
- Meals: Breakfasts, Dinner on day 3 (Derweze camping)
- Accommodation in private trekking tents, including breakfast
- English-speaking local guide-interpreter services
- Entrance fees to sites
- Bottled drinking water en route 1,5 l per day
- Turkmenistan tourist visa, from 105+2 USD per person, when obtained at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Turkmenistan migration tax 10+2 USD per person, to be paid at Ashgabat Airport (subject to change)
- Meals not indicated in above table
- Camera usage fees to historical parks and museums
- Tips for local guides and drivers
- Souvenirs and other personal items
- All other charges and services