In the early morning, your guide will give you a walking tour of Bishkek, the capital of Kyrgyzstan. After lunch, you will depart from Bishkek to Pakrovka. There are countless things to see and do along the way, but one of the highlights of the drive is Issyk-Kul lake, which is the 2nd largest alpine lake in the world. Tonight, you will be accommodated in a typical Russian house with a Russian Sauna 1700m. 6 hours driving 385km driving.
Day 2. Pakrovka – Kichi Kizil-Suu
After breakfast, it’s time to start your horseback riding tour where you will be able to see countless green rolling hills, red rock formations and ridged mountain peaks. It will be possible to see an amazing panoramic view of Issyk-Kul Lake. Tonight, you will be accommodated in tents at 2400m. 6 hours horseback riding 15km.
Day 3. Kichi Kizil-Suu – Djukutchak
After breakfast, you will be guided from Kichi Kizil to Djukutchak through the Jumatai Pass (3654 m). You will be able to jump in the hot springs in Jiluu Suu to relax after a long day in the saddle. Tonight, you will be accommodated in tents at 2015m. 5 hours of horseback riding 19km.
Day 4. Djukutchak – Djuuku
Today will be full of contrast and interesting landscapes. After breakfast, you will be guided to Djukkutchak village where you will be able to see venous plants such as spruce trees, junipers, and rolling hills full of edelweiss flowers. The final resting place for the day is Djuuku valley. Tonight, you will be accommodated in tents 2550m. 5 hours of horseback riding 22km.
Day 5. Djuuku – Dungourome
After a healthy breakfast, you will be guided on the horse paths of the silk road. You will pass through the Dungourome pass 3773m where you will clearly see the edges of the nearby glaciers. You will be passing through the actual silk road with hundreds of years of history. Tonight, you will be accommodated in tents at 2800m. 5 hours of horseback riding 23km.
Day 6. Dungourome – Barskoon Valley
After breakfast, your horses will be ready and the tour will start from the Dungourome camp to the Barskoon Valley. You will be guided next to the Barskoon River and be able to see an old Soviet border zone check point that is currently an ecological observation station. Today it will also be possible to see the 3 waterfalls in the Barksoon Valley. Tonight, you will be accommodated in tents at 2080m. 5 hours of horseback riding 16km.
Day 7. Barskoon Valley – Tamga
Today will be your last day in the Barskoon valley and your tour will be concluded at the shoreline of Issyk-Kul lake. It will be possible to jump in the lake for a swim after being in the saddle for the last few days. Tonight, you will be accommodated at a guesthouse on the south shore of Issyk-Kul Lake 1670m. 3-4 hours of horseback riding 12km.
Day 8. Tamga – Bishkek
Your day will start with an early breakfast and a lengthy drive back to Bishkek from Tamga. You will be able to see Issyk-Kul lake and the snowcapped peaks that surround the lake. Once you arrive in Bishkek it’s possible to go shopping with your guide at the famous Osh bazaar. The final dinner will be at a traditional café where you will be able to enjoy the last meal with your guide. You will be accommodated at a hotel in Bishkek 700m.
Day 9. Bishkek to Airport
After an early breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport. We hope you enjoyed your horseback riding trip here in Kyrgyzstan. Tell your friends back home about Kyrgyzstan!
Price per person
- 3 pax: 1115$ 1 guide and 1 horseman
- 4 pax: 1045$ 1 guide and 1 horseman
- 5 pax: 945$ 1 guide and 1 horseman
- 6 pax: 872$ 1 guide and 2 horsemen
- 7 pax: 830$ 1 guide and 2 horsemen
- 8 pax: 825$ 1 guide and 3 horsemen
Sometimes we have open groups for horse riding, you can join the tour with other people. Please request.
- Organization of the stay
- All transfers in vehicle incl. from/ to airport
- Еnglish speaking tour guide
- Full board incl. drinking water
- Accommodation described in the program
- Carrying luggage during trekking and horse riding
- Rent camping equipment (tents, mats, kitchen utensils)
- All the visits indicated in the program
- Entry fees at national parks or nature reserves
- Entry fees at museums mentioned in the program
- National or regional flights specified in the program
Price doesn’t include:
- Insurance repatriation and CR insurance
- International airfare and taxes
- Alcohol or sweetened mineral water
- Additional services not mentioned in the program
- Rental of personal equipment (ATV, sleeping bag, water bottle, flashlight, etc.)
- This riding tour is made special for experienced riders. During this tour the average altitude will be 3600 meters above the sea level.
- The weather conditions can be very severe. We recommend you to have special equipment to face storm, snow, rain and hail. Nights can be very cold.
- No visa is required for citizens of USA, EU, Japan and Canada citizenship. (total of 59 countries, up to 60 days, 6 month passport validity) www mfa kg
This is a draft program. It can be changed in cases of changes in schedule of flights, weather conditions and other unforeseen conditions.
Preparations before tour:
Kyrgyzstan is a young developing country and Infrastructure of villages is not at a very high level. Refusing hospitality is often becomes annoying. In order to avoid misunderstandings, read some guidebooks and other books about the country before you get prepared to your visit.Hope to see you soon!