1 day sightseeing tour in Ashgabat has extensive program which includes: Turkmenbashynyn Ruhy Metjidi, Old Nissa-The Sanctuary of Parhian Kings, Monuments of Archabil Shayoly and much more.
If you book this tour you will get only 1 day Turkmen visa.
FAQ Turkmen Visa:
1. If you want to get a LOI to stay more than 5 days in Turkmenistan, you need book a tour! Check about Turkmen visa & requirements on this page.
2. Can I book a tour for few days and get LOI for longer time to continue travelling on my own? No, LOI is provided exactly for the number of tour days.
3. Can you book me a cheapest homestay, yurt or camping (besides Darwaza)? No, we are not allowed. Turkmenistan is a very expensive country! Your daily budget for a tour should be not less than 200-250 USD.
1. Turkmenbashynyn Ruhy Metjidi which is biggest in Central Asia mausoleum complex of the tombs of Turkmenbashy and his parents with his brothers,
2. Old Nissa–The Sanctuary of Parhian Kings (Nissa is situated in 15 km to the west of Ashgabat & founded in the III century B.C. Nissa was the capital of Parthian Empire which lasted for about 600 years and was the biggest competitor for the Rome Empire. Here there were the palace & temple buildings, the depositories & the treasury of the Parthian Kings. During the Old Nissa excavations the monumental constructions are exposed-the temples (round & tower). Taking into consideration the great scientific-cultural meaning, the site of the ancient town is declared the historical-cultural preserve. Recently it was inscribed at the World Heritages Book by the UNESCO).
3. After Old Nissa proceed with to Monuments of Archabil Shayoly to have a close impression of the new part of Ashgabat with its modern buildings, monuments & parks which includes:
- – Health Path of Turkmenbashy built on mountains which became very popular place among locals especially its park is crowded with families who come for picnic and playing with their children;
- – Arch of Neutrality: famous rocket & tripod style built monument symbolizing neutral status of Turkmenistan which was re-build & opened on 12 December, 2011. Its height 95 meters including 12 meters rotated statue of first President of Turkmenistan: Saparmyrat Nyyazow (Turkmenbashy) on the top;
- – Monument of Constitution opened on 18 May, 2011 & tallest building in Turkmenistan with its 185 meters,
- – Newly Opened “Alem” Culture & Recreation Center: it’s the biggest indoor Ferris Wheel included into the Guinness Book;
- – Park of Independency along the hundreds of fountains & statutes with stops to visit Monument of Independency.
4. Quick lunch at Ympas restaurant . After lunch break proceed to:
- – Cable way lifted Mountain Observing Center (closed on Mondays) located close to Ashgabat on Kopetdag Mountains;
- – Park & Monument dedicated to Turkmen Horses-the pride of Turkmen Monument for the Victims of the Earthquake of 1948;
- – Monument of Lenin which was erected in 1927 and was one those few monuments which survived the earthquake of 1948;
- – Gulistan Bazar (known as “Russian Bazaar” 1950s since it was built as then many Russians used to go there for shopping. Despite it is very rare to see them there its old public name is common to hear);
- – Ertogrul Gazy Mosque – a present from Turkey to Turkmenistan built in 1998 and named after the father of Othman I-the founder Othman Empire in Turkey who is believed left for Turkey from Turkmenistan with his 400 horsemen during Seljuk Turkmen invasions to the west in XII cc.
5. After Ertogrul Gazy Mosque drive back to your hotel & end of the tour.
- English speaking guide per entire program
- Excursions according to program
- Transport for transfers: Sedan with A/C per program
- Tips to guides and drivers
- Entry to Cable way lifted Mountain Observing Center
- Entry to Old Nissa Historical Reserve
- Video & photo camera charges
- Entry to National Museum of History in Ashgabat (closed on Tuesdays)
- Entry to Museum of Turkmen Carpets in Ashgabat (closed on Sundays)
- Pre-booked lunch at local restaurants: (Local Standard Portions: 1 Soup, 1 Hot Meal, 1 Salad, Water, Bread, Desert, Tea/Coffee)
- Pre-booked dinner at local restaurants: (Local Standard Portions: 1 Hot Meal, 1 Salad, Water, Bread, Desert, Tea/Coffee)
- Any additional expenses not mentioned in the program