Nuratau Mountain villages exist from the time immemorial. Even the troops of Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan used to have their fortifications in Nuratau Mountain villages. You will be acquainted not only with the history of the villages but also will have an opportunity to interact with local people and get to know about their daily life and traditions. We offer you a choice to stay in one of the 3 picturesque villages: Sentyab, Uhum or Asraf. Itineraries change slightly but a 3-day price and activities remain the same as in the itinerary below.
- Experience a stay with rural family
- Get to know the daily livelihood activities of mountain dwellers
- Hike in Kadvan valley
- Explore ancient and picturesque Sentyab village
- Watch or participate in traditional cooking practices
Note: You can take the tour from Samarkand to Bukhara or the other way around. You can also stay just 1 night instead of 2 to have a relaxing stop-over on the way from busy tourist cities. Just mention that in the Comments section of the booking form and we will send you tour samples.
Day 1. Samarkand/Bukhara – Sentyab village (220/280 km)
Morning pick up from Samarkand/Bukhara. Drive to to Sentyab village (220 km from Samarkand / 280 km from Bukhara). Your host welcomes you and shows the guesthouse facilities. Settle in a guesthouse. Lunch with the local family. Most of the houses in villages have a usual scene with an orchard of fruit trees where people have a rest sitting on tapchan or supa (traditional outdoor seating) sofas under walnut trees in hot summer periods. After having a lunch in the guesthouse, walk around the area to get to know the village people and their daily life activities as well as the houses of Sentyab village built in traditional way with local rocks. After walking around, you have a good chance to watch or participate in preparing very popular traditional dish – Plov for dinner or the one like that. Overnight in the guesthouse.
Day 2. Full day hiking tour to Kadvan valley – Sentyab
Breakfast in the guesthouse. Full day hiking tour to Kadvan valley which is rich in diverse flora and fauna (about 8 hours, 15 km round trip). During this hiking tour, you can see and visit the ruins of an old fortress, ancient Arabic script site on a rock, a small waterfall and a natural swimming pool.
Return to guesthouse. During the dinner, you can enjoy a little show with the songs of a local singer. Overnight in the guesthouse.
Day 3. Sentyab – Bukhara/Samarkand
Breakfast in the guesthouse. Drive to Bukhara/Samarkand (280 km to Bukhara / 220 km to Samarkand) & drop off to hotel/train station/airport. End of the tour.
575 $ for one person
294 $ per person in a group of 2
258 $ per person in a group of 3
213 $ per person in a group of 4
185 $ per person in a group of 5
167 $ per person in a group of 6
Single supplement: 60 $
- Accommodations in guesthouse (twin sharing occupancy)
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Throughout English-speaking guide
- Local instructor for hiking
- All transfers according to the program
- Modern transport with A/C (not older than 3 years): 1-2 pax-Sedan car (Chevrolet Lacetti); 3-4 pax-Van (Hyundai H-1 with 9 seats); 5-7 pax-Van (Toyota Hiace with 14 seats)
- Masterclass in cooking national dish with participation
- Show with some songs by a local singer (for a group larger than 6 people)
- 0.5-litre mineral water per day.
- Bank transfer charges
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Show with some songs by a local singer in guest house (if less than 6 people in a group)
- Personal expenses
- All not mentioned in above program