The route can be completed on a horseback or by hiking it. This tour is great for any level of rider and it has been specially created to show the contrast between desert-like landscapes to lush forests with green rolling hills.
On this tour, you will start in Tamchi next to Issyk-Kul lake and you will start your adventure to find the lost lake of Kogur which will bring you to Chong Kemin National Park. On this tour, you will be able to get close to Kyrgyz culture by seeing a felt show in Tamchi village and a music show in Doeboe village.
Day 1. Arrival to Tamchi village:
The tour starts in the village of Tamchi on the north shore of Issyk-Kul, it’s possible to hire private and public transport to bring you the Tamchi village. Your guide will meet at a local guesthouse where your guide will explain the tour for the next days. In the afternoon, it’s possible to go for a swim in Lake Issyk-Kul at the shoreline of the Tamchi village. Before dinner, you will be able to enjoy a felt show at women’s corporative and learn how Kyrgyz carpets are made. Accommodation in a guesthouse in Tamchi Village 1600m.
Day 2. Tamchi – Lake Kogur:
After an early breakfast, you will be transferred to the head of the trail where you will meet your horsemen and your horse. The first big pass is the Koltor pass at 3320m. From this pass, you will be able to see the panoramic view of Lake Issyk-Kul. If the weather is nice you will be able to enjoy lunch at the pass and take many pictures of the area. After lunch, you will be guided on horseback to Kogur Lake in the Chong Kemin National Park. Once you arrive on the lake you will be able to relax and possibly do a short hike around it. Accommodation in tents at 2830m.
Day 3. Lake Kogur – Doeboe village:
After breakfast, your horse will be ready and you will be guided down to the Chong Kemin valley. There will be many small and big passes that you will pass along the way before you reach the village of Doeboe. On the way, you will have time to enjoy lunch on the Chong Kemin river. Once you arrive in the village of Doeboe you will be able to enjoy a short concert at your guesthouse. Accommodation in Doeboe village guesthouse 1400m.
*It’s very easy to take public transport from Bishkek to Tamchi village and from Doeboe village / Chong Kemin to anywhere in Kyrgyzstan. We will advise you.
Price for a Horseback tour:
2 pax 467$ /per
3 pax 378$ /per
4 pax 359$ /per
5 pax 325$ /per
6 pax 305$ /per
Price for a Hiking tour:
2 pax 376$ /per
3 pax 315$ /per
4 pax 355$ /per
5 pax 314$ /per
6 pax 285$ /per
- Organization of the stay
- English speaking tour guide
- Horse guide
- Full board incl. drinking water
- Accommodation described in the program
- Carrying luggage during trekking and horse riding
- Rent of horses and horse porters
- Rent camping equipment (tents, mats, kitchen utensils)
- Chong Kemin national park entrance fee
- Transfers Bishkek to Tamchy, Chon Kemin to Bishkek
- Travel insurance
- Air tickets
- International airfare and taxes
- Alcohol or sweetened mineral water
- Additional services not mentioned in the program
- Rental of personal equipment (ATV, sleeping bag, water bottle, flashlight, etc.)
- Additional costs due to personal problems (health, loss of luggage, etc.).
- During the trip, the average altitude is 2830 m.
- The weather can be harsh. We strongly recommend that you have adequate equipment to deal with storm, snow, rain and hail. Nights can be chilly.
- No visa is required for citizens of USA, EU, Japan and Canada citizenship. (total of 59 countries, up to 60 days, 6 month passport validity) www mfa kg
- This program can be changed in cases of changes in schedule of flights, weather conditions and other unforeseen conditions
Preparations before tour:
Kyrgyzstan is a young developing country and Infrastructure of villages is not at a very high level. Refusing hospitality is often becomes annoying. In order to avoid misunderstandings, read some guidebooks and other books about Kyrgyzstan before you get prepared to your visit.
Hope to see you soon!