Kolsai lakes represent a cascade of three mountain lakes located at 1000, 2250 and 2700 meters above sea level. Anyone who at least once in the lifetime has seen these treasures of nature, will never forget their splendor, dark blue water, peace and calmness around.
Route: Almaty region (Kazakhstan)
Day 1. Almaty – Kolsai Lakes
Departure from Almaty at 07:00am. Arrival to Saty Settlement at 12:00. Lunch. Transfer to Kaindy Lake. Sightseeing.
Kaindy Lake (birch lake) is situated among magnificent pine forest at an altitude of 2000 meters above sea level and is famous for its origin. It was formed in 1911 due to the powerful earthquake that triggered the landslide blocked the alley by the natural dam, and the water has flooded the valley. The water of the lake is very cold, that is why the needles of the flooded trees are well preserved and clearly visible through the transparent surface of the water, and dry stems of fir trees overlook the water surface, like the masts of the submarine squadron. It is impossible to describe in words all this mystical splendor of the lake – it is necessary to go there and see everything with own eyes.
Return to Saty Settlement, accommodation in the guest house. Dinner. Overnight in guest house.
Day 2. Kolsai Lakes
Wake up at 07:00am, breakfast. Trekking from the lake Kolsai-1 to the lake Kolsai-2. Lunch on the way.
Kolsai Lakes – “Pearls of the Northern Tien-Shan” – represent a cascade of three lakes. The largest lake is accessible for all visitors. It is the most beautiful lake, having a lack of civilization and the abundance of mushrooms. Horse lovers can order horseback tour to this place. The highest lake is small. It is located on the border of fir-wood and the alpine meadows and amazes by its harsh alpine beauty, as well as the rich flora and fauna. Vertical drop between the three lakes is about 700 meters. The lowest lake can be reached by car. But you should walk few kilometers along mountain trails to see the second and the third lake. Without doubts the tourists are expected to have a wonderful vacation in these places – berries, mushrooms and fishing. The water in the lakes is cold and clean and is home for the rainbow trout – a fish that lives only in the running or spring water. In the around mountains you can see Marals, mountain goats, wolves and even bears.
Return to the guest house. Dinner. Overnight in guest house.
Day 3. Kolsai Lakes – Almaty
Breakfast. Departure to Almaty at 09:00am. Sightseeing at Charyn Canyon on the way.
Charyn Canyon is a natural complex, unique in its kind not only in Kazakhstan but also worldwide. It was formed during Paleogene and reminds the Grand Canyon of Colorado River in North America, although inferior to it in size. The height of the steep slopes of the canyon is up to 150-300 meters. Extraordinary dissection of the terrain is striking: the numerous ravines form a dense, chaotic network. Wind and water have created the beautiful “Valley of Castles”, where you are always surrounded by the fancy towers composed of sedimentary rocks. The length of the valley – more than 2 km, width – 20-80 meters. For millions of years the nature has been creating a unique architecture, erecting magnificent castles carefully and slowly. You can spend hours walking among the strange towers and columns, being surprised by the wild imagination of the nature.
Arrival to Almaty at 19:00.
Tour Price Per Person in 2018: 390 USD
Private Tour Price – 656 USD Per Person, provided 2 persons traveling together
Schedule of group tours in 2018:
January February March
- 11.01 – 13.01 12.02 – 14.02 05.03 – 07.03
- 22.01 – 24.01 26.02 – 28.02 26.03 – 28.03
April May June
- 09.04 – 11.04 07.05 – 09.05 15.06 – 17.06
- 23.04 – 25.04 21.05 – 23.05 25.06 – 27.06
July August September
- 09.07 – 11.07 13.08 – 15.08 10.09 – 12.09
- 23.07 – 25.07 27.08 – 29.08 24.09 – 26.09
October November December
- 08.10 – 10.10 12.11 – 14.11 10.12 – 12.12
- 29.10 – 31.10 26.11 – 28.11 24.12 – 26.12
Tour Price INCLUSIONS:
1. Transportation according to the program in comfortable minivan
2. Accommodation in the guest house in Saty settlement
3. Sightseeing according to the program with English speaking guide
4. All environmental fees during the tour
5. Meals: lunch and dinner in Day 1; breakfast, lunch and dinner in Day 2; breakfast and lunch in Day 3
Tour Price EXCLUSIONS:
1. Accommodation in Almaty, if required
2. Meals not indicated in the program and/or not included into the tour price
3. Single accommodation supplement (50 USD)
4. Visa support and registration on the territory of Kazakhstan, if required
5. Personal expenses and other expenses not indicated in the program
If you have any questions, please contact us via booking form. Thank you!