Kolsay lakes is a system of three lakes in the northern Tien Shan, in the Kolsay gorge, in the bridge connecting the Kungei-Alatau and Ile-Alatau ridges.
Saty lake (the lower lake) is located at an altitude of 1 818 meters above the sea level, length 1 kilometer, width 400 meters, depth 80 meters. Mynzhylky lake (the second lake) is at an altitude of 2 252 meters above the sea level and 8 kilometers away from the first lake. Sarybulak lake (the third lake) is at an altitude of 2 850 meters, 4 kilometers from Mynzhylky lake.
Crystal clear emerald water of lakes is fresh and tight with the content of sodium sulfate. The bottom is shallow in places, without rocky ledges. Kolsay lakes are deep, in some places the depth is 80 meters. In summer the water temperature is 10 degrees. The lakes are flowing and are interconnected with Kolsay river, which originates at the Kungei Alatau ridge
Kaindy Lake (“Kaindy” means full of birch-trees) is famous for its origin.
Formed in 1911 as a result of a strong earthquake, which caused a landslide, that blocked the valley, and the water flooded the valley with pine trees. The lake water is cold (6 C degrees in summer), causing the needles of the trees survive and it can be seen through the transparent surface of the water.
The road to the lake from the village runs through an extraordinarily beautiful birch grove, located 5 kilometers from Kaindy Lake.
Departure from Almaty. The car will pick you up within the city.
8:00 am – Departure from Almaty.
13:00 – accommodation in a guest house in Saty village, lunch.
14:00 – the rise to the lake Kaindy.
18:00 – return to the guest house, dinner, overnight.
8:00 – Breakfast at the guest house.
9:00 – climb to the first lake Kolsay.
10:00 – a walk around the lake, a photo shoot.
12:00 – return to the guest house in Saty village, lunch.
14:00 – departure to Almaty.
18:00 – Arrival to Almaty.
- 170 USD p/p in a group of 3 (140$ without English-speaking guide)
- 240 USD p/p in a group of 2 (200$ w/o English)
- 470 USD for an individual tour (390$ w/o English)
- English-speaking guide
- sightseeing tour according to the program
- ecological fees in accordance with the program
- mineral water 1,5L p/p daily
- 1 night accommodation in the guest house (Saty village)
- lunch, dinner of the first day. Breakfast, lunch of the second day
Price does not include:
- soft and alcohol drinks, snacks
- rent of personal clothes, shoes
- telephone calls, personal expenses