Born in the Pamir mountains of Tajikistan at an altitude of 2500 m, Sharaf has been hiking since early childhood. He is a seasoned alpinist and trekking guide, and a pioneer in tourism development of both Tajikistan and Afghanistan.
He nursed snow leopards as a member of the Snow Leopard Conservancy team and trained Afghan village kids to become ski guides in Bamiyan. After climbing every peak of significance in Tajikistan, his favourite is lonely Kizil Dong.
From 2008 Sharaf has been guiding for international trekking companies and organising bespoke trips in Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan’s Wakhan.
What Sharaf says:
Our team take a personal approach to each and every client. We try to let each participant to take home the best experience from our service.
We offer the following services:
- Adventure tours in – Stan countries of Central Asia
- Horse riding tours in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan
- Trekking and Horse riding in Wakhan of Afghanistan
- Rock climbing and mountaineering expeditions
- Wilderness trips to Big and Little Pamirs
- Rent of camping and climbing gear
- Transportation, hotel bookings, logistics service.