Buying Tickets on railways.kz

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
cornelloverfield

Buying Tickets on railways.kz

Post by cornelloverfield »

I just tried to buy tickets on bilet.railways.kz but when I am prompted to add passenger details, it requires a Kazakh phone number. I'm not in Kazakhstan and don't have a Kazakh sim-is there some way to avoid this requirement that I'm missing? Or should I try a second-party site? Thanks!
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Re: Buying Tickets on railways.kz

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

I certainly managed to buy tickets on the Kazakh railway site without a KZ phone number, I don't remember how, but probably I filled in some random Kazakh phone number, likely their customer service hotline.
If you don't want to do that then you can try your luck with third party websites like tickets.kz or other CIS railway companies, my choice being Belarus at pass.rw.by.
1 x

HalloM8

Post by HalloM8 »

Hey, I'm currently buying a train between Tashkent and Almaty. The Bilet Railways website prompts me to enter an IIN and the phone number. It's accepting the customer service number, but what's the IIN? All it tells me is that it's a 12-digit code. Thanks!
1 x

sebhoff

Post by sebhoff »

IIN is an "Individual identification number". It's not relevant for foreigners who are not residents of Kazakhstan. You need to select "Other foreign documents" and then move the slider next to "ИИН не обязательный" to the right - this means that IIN isn't necessary.
At least that's how I think it works...
Sebastian
0 x