Update of travel times and costs

All about Kyrgyzstan.
culebro

Update of travel times and costs

Post by culebro »

I just post this to update some costs and times, proved during the last days:

Bus Almaty - Issyk Kul. During July and August and some weekends in June and September. 4.000 KZT one way aprox. Nightbus, departs at about 20.00 from Almaty.
Cholpon Ata - Balykchy. Marshrutka 100 soms, taxi I was offered 150 soms. 1.30 hours aprox.
Balykchy - Naryn. Taxi from 300 to 400 soms. There is marshrutka for maybe 150-200 soms (not confirmed), but with a change in Kochkor plus waiting until the marshrutka is filled both in Balykchy and Kochkor.
Naryn - Bishkek. Marshrutka for 200 soms. 4-5 hours. Road, apart from some parts that are under reparation works, is pretty improved. It can take some time until marshrutka gets filled.

Roads are in a good condition in general, much better than expected. Many kilometres renewed during the last 2 years according to several drivers, so the travel times posted before 2014 could be outdated (even this week I was told Naryn-Bishkek would be 7 hours, so even locals could be outdated).
3 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Update of travel times and costs

Post by steven »

Thank you culebro!
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

lissie45

Post by lissie45 »

Have I got the exchange rate right? US$5 for a taxi from Balykchy-Naryn ??? Is that for the whole vehicle or per a person?
0 x
My pretty random blog: http://LisTravelTips.com

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Per person
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D