Entering Armenia after Azerbaijan.

Azerbaijan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Russia, Caucasus and beyond. Expert: Milad
jpark1444

Entering Armenia after Azerbaijan.

Post by jpark1444 »

I'm planning on visiting the three Caucasus countries in the coming months (Azerbaijan --> Georgia --> Armenia). This was definitely possible in the past, and I've seen many posts from people who have done this itinerary.

However, with the recent armed conflicts in the region, I was wondering if there are any issues with entering Armenia after visiting azerbaijan. I plan on entering Armenia through an overnight train from Georgia. Has anyone entered Armenia after going to Azerbaijan recently? Is this still possible?
0 x

TheNonFlyingDutchman

Re: Entering Armenia after Azerbaijan.

Post by TheNonFlyingDutchman »

I visited Azerbaijan last year april, and armenia in july. It’s possible and fine, but good chance you’ll get some questions. I as a white privileged boy hardly ever get questions, and here I got them. Where did I stay what did I do, what was my purpose there etc. Stupidly I answered that I was visiting a friend in Baku (which I did), but that turned into a ‘how did you get a friend in azerbaijan, who is it, what did you do there’ situation. It felt like it would’ve been a lot less stressful if I had just stuck with the ‘tourism’ story.

Anyways, it’s not that they took me apart or anything. Just some delay at the armenian border counter.
0 x

sketchymarco

Post by sketchymarco »

I visited Armenia a month ago and Azerbaijan last year. Policewoman at the border (airport) just asked me:
-Purpose of visit to Azerbaijan?
me: -tourism
her: :)

You're good
0 x

minion

Post by minion »

zero problems this year, back to back visit

i drove from GE to AM, so land entry.

i didnt get asked but i know the AM border officer saw my AZ stamp , as he stamped across from it

the AM officer supplied my answer for me, "you are a tourist?"
0 x

danito1987

Re: Entering Armenia after Azərbaycan.

Post by danito1987 »

Hi, similar question, I am going to Baku then Georgia then Yerevan for tourism on an EU passport, so all should be fine, right? Many thanks.
0 x

StephParis

Post by StephParis »

Easier to visit armenia after azerbaijan than the opposite...
0 x

minion

Post by minion »

yes, pretty much everyone who responded here visit AZ first, then only AM

GE border is quite relaxed in my experience but i know they are quite tough towards selected nationalities (indians, GCCs) based on multiple reports
1 x