Fergana valley from the city of Fergana

All about Uzbekistan.
Forest777

Fergana valley from the city of Fergana

Post by Forest777 »

If we decide to go to Fergana-the city I'd like to know how easy it is for get tours into the Fergana Valley, and possibly see some of the Tien Shan mountains (not interested in an entire 8 hour hike, just to be able to see the mountains and take pictures).
Are there many tour operators in Fergana, and if so who will be the best to contact?
0 x

Milad
Trains expert
Trains expert

Re: Fergana valley from the city of Fergana

Post by Milad »

Fergana city is located within Fergana valley (as are a number of other cities such as Kokand, Andijan and Osh). Please do some basic research, and come back afterwards.
0 x

Forest777

Post by Forest777 »

Milad wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:06 pm
Fergana city is located within Fergana valley (as are a number of other cities such as Kokand, Andijan and Osh). Please do some basic research, and come back afterwards.
Do some basic research?
Wow-why I did I not think of that before, thank you so very much for enlightening me, it never really occurred for me to do some basic research first!
DUDE: mind-blown!

It seems like a common theme in Central Asia that only tours for 18 days plus exist-if you're interested then you're spoilt for choice!

I am asking people about tour operators in Fergana that offer tours around Tien Shan.

I've tried to look up information about Kokand and Andijan and once again: abysmal advice, or an entire life story of people's travel experiences that give hardly any useful information, however, or a piece of cake if you're looking for 22 days plus tours.
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

Forest777 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:18 am

It seems like a common theme in Central Asia that only tours for 18 days plus exist-if you're interested then you're spoilt for choice!

I am asking people about tour operators in Fergana that offer tours around Tien Shan.

I've tried to look up information about Kokand and Andijan and once again: abysmal advice, or an entire life story of people's travel experiences that give hardly any useful information, however, or a piece of cake if you're looking for 22 days plus tours.
This would all have ben useful context to include in your first post, instead of asking completely generic questions. Hope I didn't blow your mind too much with this.
1 x

Forest777

Post by Forest777 »

bwv812 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:53 pm
Forest777 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:18 am

This would all have ben useful context to include in your first post, instead of asking completely generic questions. Hope I didn't blow your mind too much with this.
It helps to not think every single person who asks questions on here doesn't do some research before asking.
So no, you didn't blow my mind with this
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

You do know that you are asking strangers to provide you with free advice, right?

If you want helpful answers, it helps to make it as easy as possible for those strangers to understand the context of exactly what you're asking and what possible solutions you've already considered and ruled out. I don't know why this is apparently so shocking to you.

By the way, some of your previous questions clearly indicate that you haven't done even the most basic research before asking questions.
0 x

Forest777

Post by Forest777 »

bwv812 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:49 pm
You do know that you are asking strangers to provide you with free advice, right?

If you want helpful answers, it helps to make it as easy as possible for those strangers to understand the context of exactly what you're asking and what possible solutions you've already considered and ruled out. I don't know why this is apparently so shocking to you.

By the way, some of your previous questions clearly indicate that you haven't done even the most basic research before asking questions.
I don't do basic research before asking questions? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's hilarious, it's great that everybody on this forum knows everything single thing about me and my research habits! :lol:
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Post by bwv812 »

When you ask if you can do a 2-day trip to the Pamirs from Uzbekistan, it's pretty clear you didn't do basic research. Certainly not enough to get huffy when someone suggests you do basic research before asking a question.
1 x

TheNonFlyingDutchman

Post by TheNonFlyingDutchman »

If you check google maps on terrain view, you can see that Fergana city is the most impractical of all cities in the valley to visit the mountains. It’s the furthest from the uzbek mountains, and to see the closer by mountains you have to cross into Kyrgyzstan.
Also do you need a guide, or are you also willing to rent a car? Traffic is quite easy there, and it might save you some bucks and gain you some freedom.

Also if you’d like to see the mountains, that’s also easy from Tashkent, even with shared taxis. If you describe a bit more of your plans and your wants, I think we can help you better.
0 x