Uzbek visa from Hong Kong

All about Uzbekistan.
exploreout

Uzbek visa from Hong Kong

Post by exploreout »

Admin mentioned in another thread that I could mail off my passport since I'm an American on a student visa in Hong Kong if I wanted to get visas for certain countries such as Pakistan. I was wondering what my options are for Uzbekistan from here in Hong Kong. Is mailing off my passport and working with an agency my only option here as well?

From what I have been reading, it seems like I should just be able to do it on the road at some embassy in a country I travel to. Or the airport visa option, I'm not entirely sure..
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Uzbek visa from Hong Kong

Post by steven »

If you are on the road, get it in a place like bishkek. Nowadays it is fine there. Otherwise, the sirport visa is an option but is isnt a very pleasant one in my opinion, there is always a lingering doubt they wont accept you (if you qualify for the requirements, they will, maybe it is just me being paranoid)
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

onniz

Post by onniz »

Hey there i am a french national, living in HK and travelling starting this friday for 12 days to Central Asia: Almaty (1 day only)-Dushanbe-Khujand and recently added Uzbekistan from Khujand in our itinary.

Issue is we've not even applied for the Uzbek visa. As time at hand is super short could we also get the visa in Dushanbe for example? What are our options?

Thank you so much for your advise and help!

Cheers!
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Hi onniz,

all is explained in very detailed fashion at http://caravanistan.com/visa/uzbekistan

In short, without LOI need to wait a week in Dushanbe, with LOI it is same day. I was just there 2 weeks ago so consider this info up to date.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D