Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

All about Tajikistan. Expert: Pamirski, Christian77
TheNonFlyingDutchman

Re: Tajikistan E-visa Q&A

Post by TheNonFlyingDutchman »

Short report of OVIR visit in Dushanbe.

I first checked with the lady at the entrance (very grumpy lady) and I was asked to pay 10 somoni (I hope the bribing of people before me did not cause this)…
Then we had some back and dorth about the preferred dates and length of the GBAO, and I was explained that I need a letter from my hostel for the registration….
Went back to the hostel (city hostel), he made me a letter for 10 somoni. Went back, gave the letter, my passport and a passport photo. The registration was 220 somoni and the gbao 50 somoni. It’s now 14:00, I can pick up everything tomorrow (saturday they’re open apparently) at 11.00. I hope now everything goes fine. It’s all such a hassle.
0 x

fuad

Re: Tajikistan eVisa delays

Post by fuad »

Mongard75 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:32 pm
An update on my eVisa application; After several uploads mainly because the file or scan was incorrect, my application was accepted an went to assessed and validation in progress, 6 days later my eVisa arrived via email. My advice to anyone needing an eVisa is to get the passport scan done correctly first time,on their website it does say what file and size is acceptable, also the quality if the scan is also crucial, so use a good quality scanner this excludes a mobile scanner on your phone, as I learnt the quality is not up to standard.
hi can you please tell me one think. Which portion of passport do you scan and upload? Both pages of the passport? Or single page?
0 x

fuad

Post by fuad »

Can anyone tell me which portion of passport image should I upload? Both pages or single page? And should I upload any photograph of myself?
0 x

sushant.padhye

Post by sushant.padhye »

Both pages. And make sure they’re scanned and not photographed.
Got my evisa + gbao today. It says 60 days, but no specific mention of gbao entry date.
0 x

fuad

Post by fuad »

Thanks for your reply. And do you upload your photo scan copy like passport size photo?
0 x

fuad

Post by fuad »

sushant.padhye wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:42 am
Both pages. And make sure they’re scanned and not photographed.
Got my evisa + gbao today. It says 60 days, but no specific mention of gbao entry date.
Dear Bro, thanks for your reply. It helps me.
And apart from passport scanned image what else documents did you uploaded? Waiting for your reply...
0 x

diddylord

Post by diddylord »

Hello
I am trying to arrange a Visa with GBAO permit for a trip to Tajikistan on April / may, I am a UK passport holder so it appears I don't qualify for visa free access ?

Unfortunately my E-visa application has just been rejected.
Does anyone know if there is any point attempting another application via the website?
I think it was rejected as the original photo of my passport that was uploaded they didn't like.

Is anyone aware of a Tajik travel agency who might be able to help get a visa?

I am planning on entering from Kyrgyzstan to explore the Pamir highway before returning to Kyrgyzstan again to fly home.

Many Thanks
0 x

travelinrhepink

Post by travelinrhepink »

Contact Firuz, owner of Tajikistan Adventure. Fastest way is to eatWhatsApp call or message him +992 90 122 8877

You need to upload a jpg file of the 2 page passport scan. jpeg etc won't work. The hack around getting the right file is to send the scan to a friend on whatapp, have them download it to their phone then send it back to you. Whatapp convention makes the file accepted by their automated system. Try that first
0 x

Nazrulo

Post by Nazrulo »

diddylord wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:42 am
Hello
I am trying to arrange a Visa with GBAO permit for a trip to Tajikistan on April / may, I am a UK passport holder so it appears I don't qualify for visa free access ?

Does anyone know if there is any point attempting another application via the website?
I think it was rejected as the original photo of my passport that was uploaded they didn't like.

I am planning on entering from Kyrgyzstan to explore the Pamir highway before returning to Kyrgyzstan again to fly home.

Many Thanks
Hello there
An alternative to an e-visa (even better) is visa-on-arrival if you are a UK passport holder. You don't need to fill out any application in advance (please note it is only available at the Dushanbe International Airport and not at any land border crossing point). It will take about 15-20 minutes to get your visa (45 days stay instead of 30 days under the visa-free entry). Most of our UK guests do the same. But you will have to arrange your GBAO permit yourself or an agent will arrange it in advance for you.

hope it helps
best regards
Nazrulo
Bartang & Sarez Tour
0 x

cat_hag

Post by cat_hag »

Nazrulo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:01 am
diddylord wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:42 am
Hello

Many Thanks
Hello there
An alternative to an e-visa (even better) is visa-on-arrival if you are a UK passport holder. You don't need to fill out any application in advance (please note it is only available at the Dushanbe International Airport and not at any land border crossing point). It will take about 15-20 minutes to get your visa (45 days stay instead of 30 days under the visa-free entry). Most of our UK guests do the same. But you will have to arrange your GBAO permit yourself or an agent will arrange it in advance for you.

hope it helps
best regards
Nazrulo
Bartang & Sarez Tour
Hi Nazrulo, are you sure a visa on arrival is available for U.K. passports? Last year I had to get an eVisa; has this changed?
0 x