Yes, I got it!
82%
No, got rejected :-(
18%

Total votes: 112

SteveRohan

Re: Turkmenistan transit visa poll

Post by SteveRohan »

How did you know that your boat would arrive while your Turkmen VISA was still valid? I don't understand how a transit VISA is possible if there is no boat schedule and the VISAs are date specific. If I book a transit VISA for example from 1st to 5th April, how can I ensure that I arrive in Turkmenbashi on the 1st? I guess it's just a case of getting to Baku a week or so advance and hanging around until you can time a ferry right?
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Nobody knows, you have to be lucky. Some people get deported back to Azerbaijan for having an expired visa. They are subsequently deported to Georgia since they do not have a valid visa for Azerbaijan either. So it is always a risk.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

elynego

Post by elynego »

steven wrote:
elynego wrote:any one got it when arriving in Turkmenistan via the Caspian ferry?
Not visa on arrival of course, but you can get it when transiting from Azerbaijan on the ferry, yes. Read caspian ferry and turkmen visa article carefully to find out more.
Thanks
Is it easier to do the ferry from Turkmenistan to Baku with the 5 day transit?
I read a lot of delay from Baku side, I wonder if it's the same case from Turkmenistan
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Note: I was wrong here in my answer before. Getting stamped out in advance is no longer possible, you will be deported.

Earlier answer: It is easier in a way since people have been known to get stamped out of Turkmenistan when their transit visa is up, but before the boat has arrived. In this case, you will just camp on the dock until you can board.
Last edited by steven on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected my answer, I was wrong before.
0 x

Solsticio

Post by Solsticio »

Does anyone know whether it helps to write that you are going to cycle? Or is the refusal rate for cyclists higher? My idea would be that cyclists would might easier get the higher amount of transit days as they are naturally slower. Though there is always the risk of overplaying your hand if you ask too much..

I will be applying in Berlin for the KAZ > TURK > AFGH transit visa.. In ideal world I would get 7 days.
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Cyclists used to get 7 days but it has been years since I last read about someone getting that. But there is no harm in trying. Turkmens are used to cyclists.
0 x

Solsticio

Post by Solsticio »

I know. The only thing is that I won't be cycling, I just want the most of days. But I assume that the mode of transportation is not stated on the visa, so I could "change my plan" afterwards.
1 x

web_runner

Post by web_runner »

A couple - 1 visa granted, 2nd refused. No clear logic why, except that they are joking with us...
1 more friend got the visa 2 weeks earlier (I can't post 3 people in the poll, I put only my refusal, but it is practically 2 refusals, as we're clearly traveling together with common letter of intention talking about 2 people everywhere).
1 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

This topic cannot be locked without canceling the option to vote, but please do not post Turkmen visa tales here.

Tales of woe go to Turkmen visa refusals.

Questions and novelties go to Turkmen visa Q&A.

Thanks!!
0 x

Stefvdp

Post by Stefvdp »

Got it 18 March 2017.

Remark:
4 bearded ( black beard black hair) young men of the age of 25. Travel beards seemed no issue for them. 2 of us had passport pictures from before the beards though. 2 didn't.
1 x