Visa application - "Relation to co-travellers"

All about Iran
Zevla

Visa application - "Relation to co-travellers"

Post by Zevla »

Hi,
we are applying for the Iranian visa in Ankara and we must fill our relation to each other ("relationship of persons who travel with you") in the application form. We are two friends, a girl and a boy (unmerried people of different genders). We already asked for the LOI together so it is probably not possible to say we don't travel together. Is there a risk of our applications being rejected if we tell the truth? Has anybody here some experience with this? Thanks
0 x

lissie45

Re: Visa application - "Relation to co-travellers"

Post by lissie45 »

You just got married. Really, easier all around. Truth is very over-rated for visa applications- tell them what they want to hear
0 x
My pretty random blog: http://LisTravelTips.com

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Nobody cares if you are married or not regarding the visa. In Iran, it is easier when traveling in conservative areas to say that you are married. Nobody ever asked me and my wife when checking into a hotel if we were married, but it is not impossible that it would happen. We don't wear wedding rings either.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

man_without_eye

Post by man_without_eye »

Nobody ever cares if this is matter of foreigner...

But even persian women making hotel reservation by phone will be "by the way" warned that hotel room can't be used by unmarried couple. Religious dictatorship works just for Iranians, foreigners are protected hard currency source.
0 x

Zevla

Post by Zevla »

Update: we eventually told the truth ("friends") and nobody cared, we got the visa (Ankara).
1 x