Afghan Tourist Visa in Kuala Lumpur

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
steven
Admin
Admin

Re: Afghan Tourist Visa in Kuala Lumpur

Post by steven »

Please read and post reports on the Afghan embassy in KL here.

We summarize all info on the Afghan visa page, under embassy reports.
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D

jimmycambodia

Afghan Tourist Visa in Kuala Lumpur

Post by jimmycambodia »

Hi all,

Given the large void of information about getting visas at Embassies around the world, thought I would share a conversation I just had with the Afghan embassy in Kuala Lumpur.

They told me it IS possible to get a tourist visa at the embassy there. I am an Australian citizen living in Cambodia and they said that is also fine.

It takes up to 3 days to issue and costs $100 USD.

You must have either a letter of invitation from a friend in Afghanistan or permission from the MOFA in Kabul.

Although, he said that even without these, they will make sure you can get the visa anyway.

Basically they just want to know why you want to go.

Very very helpful staff and very excited about issuing tourist visas.

Hope this helps some of you!

James.
2 x

jimmycambodia

Post by jimmycambodia »

Update:

I called again for good measure and was told by the consular official I need a four digit code and invitation letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kabul.

So my Afghan friend now needs to go to the MoFA, get a letter and a four digit code from them, send it to me, i then take it the Embassy in Malaysia, give it to them, and then they can issue the visa.

Long-winded but apparently the way its done.

Thanks.
2 x

jimmycambodia

Post by jimmycambodia »

I have been given different information again by the consular section in KL. Apparently the 4 digit MoFA code is only needed for a 30 day tourist visa.

Without the letter from the MoFA they will apparently issue a 15 day visa only. I only need ten days so I am going to go to KL and apply on monday the 10th of April and see what happens. Once I have been to the embassy and applied I will post another update.

Sorry for all the mixed messages. Next post will be first hand experience.
2 x

yeeenn

Post by yeeenn »

I just got my visa in Kuala lumpur. So happy. i will update detail the requirement and latest info.

I'm flying to Kabul next month!!!
0 x

yeeenn

Post by yeeenn »

I just left Afghanistan 2 weeks a go. Here I would like to share my visa application experience. I'm Malaysian and i applied in Kuala Lumpur. Afghanistan embassy will never reply your email. I sent them 3 emails but none of them they reply. I called Embassy to get some info about visa process and so on. 1st day try, no one answer. 2nd day i called them again, an officer answered me saying that as Malaysian I need invitation letter from Afghan friend in Afghanistan. After i received invitation letter from my friend in Kabul, i called them again and different officer told me as Malaysian, i don't require invitation letter, just bring 2 passport photo and 80USD to embassy.

We went to Embassy in Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur. We met officer Muhammad Zharif. This officer is very helpful and he's the one that responsible for the visa. After fill up the form, we went to bank to pay 80USD and bring the receipt back to embassy and submit my application.

After 3 days, i came back to collect my visa. It was so easy process.
I'm not sure about other country. But if you like to apply in Kuala Lumpur, pls see officer Muhammad Zharif. He will explain detail to you.

cheers and happy traveling. Afghanistan is amazing
1 x