Iran VOA with egypt stamp

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
LuisPinho

Iran VOA with egypt stamp

Post by LuisPinho »

Hi,

I just read your post about Visas in Iran and I'm worried about something.

This year I went to Egypt. I was there for two weeks and I flew in/out from Cairo. I've read that if you have evidence of Israel on your passport you can't get an Iran Visa and this includes stamps from the border of Egypt (Taba).

However, as today I look into my passport, I noticed that one of my stamps ink wore off. Here is my page: http://monosnap.com/image/2NwMFan6yTwVw ... aSl4H6XTIy
You can clearly see "Cairo" on the one left, but the other stamp almost disappeared... I've no evidence of Israel whatsoever on my passport, but the fact that you can't see the other Egypt stamp worries me.

Will I have problems with getting the visa?

Thanks,
Luís
0 x

persianss

Re: Iran VOA with egypt stamp

Post by persianss »

Get a new passport if you can as to avoid the possible complications. U also need to take into account Egypt and Iran have no diplomatic ties so you may well be thought of a spy working for the Israelis. And Why the hell traveling to Iran when you ppl are putting more sanctions on all of us here
0 x

LuisPinho

Post by LuisPinho »

Hello and thank you for your reply.
I've a Portuguese passport, no ties to Israel and just went to Egypt for touristic purposes. "You people" is very generic and my country is a neutral country so we are not putting sanctions on you. I just want to know your beautiful country.
So it is really a possibility that I can get rejected a Visa on Arrival based in no proof whatsoever that I ever been to Israel or are you just guessing?

Thanks,
Luís
0 x

Radelman

Post by Radelman »

The officials at the airport Tehran are friendly. Usually it's busy there. I don't think it can make any problems. If they think so they will ask you.
Cairo to Israel border is a long distance through the Sinai.
I can't imagine the officials think so far. Don't worry. It should be fine.
Try to get evisa with issuing at Tehran airport and the visa on arrival is done within less than 15 minutes.
Otherwise it can take a 2-3 hours.
0 x

LuisPinho

Post by LuisPinho »

Hi Radelman thank you for your answer.

Yeah, the visa issuing at Tehran airport is a nice tip, I'll look into that thanks!
The only problem I was thinking was that, as many say, you can't "clearly" have evidence of being before in Israel, and for my bad luck, I have an entry stamp of a neighbour country and the exit stamp almost disappeared so the officials might think I crossed the border do Israel and erased that "proof". Maybe I'm thinking too much into it here...
0 x

steven
Admin
Admin

Post by steven »

Latest info re the Israel stamp issue at https://caravanistan.com/visa/iran/
0 x
If you like Caravanistan: we have opened a tip jar! We love you back! :D