Embassy Report: Uzbekistan visa in Istanbul

The place for all visa questions and embassy reports. Expert: Crazydre
Forum rules
Before asking a visa question, make sure you have read the relevant visa article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/visa/

Before submitting an embassy report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Relevant topics are linked to from the visa pages on the site.

Thank you!
mads123

Re: Embassy Report: Uzbekistan visa in Istanbul

Post by mads123 »

Hi

Managed to pull off getting both Iranian visa and Uzbek visa same day.

Uzbek conculate:
Brought my LOI, Visa application form from Stan Tours and one passport photo. Cycled up to the Uzbek Conculate. Was there at 9:45 and was let in almost Immediately. Guy got my documents and said I should go to the nearby Akbank and pay 80 USD. They knew the bank account number for the Uzbek Conculate. Akbank only accepted US Dollars. 2 USD fee. Went back and the guy at the Conculate. He had already pasted the visa in my passport when I gave him the receipt.

Really fast service at the Conculate. Really slow service at Akbank. Bring LOI, Visa application, 80USD, one passport photo and passport.

Iran conculate:
Cycled like a mad man over to Sultanhamet in Istanbul. Got in the doors 10 minutes before closing time at the Conculate at 11:20. Showed my reference number and passport. They gave me a new form to fill and I chose 75 euro payment for same day service. Went over to the bank right across the street from the conculate, filled the form while waiting. Paid with Lira. Got the receipt and went back to conculate. They let me in with the receipt. Guy at conculate told me to come back at 16:00 to pick it up.

Quite smooth aswell, but much more traffic than at the Uzbek conculate. Bring Reference number from agent, one passport photo, 75 euro (Lira) and passport.

Nationality: Norwegian. 30 days tourist visa for both Iran and Uzbek.
0 x

beemar

Post by beemar »

I came today hoping to get a simple transit visa in one day. I had phoned earlier in the week to ask what I needed, and a nice lady said I only needed to show my tickets flying in and out, where I would be staying, and bring a picture with an application form. I was told to come between 10 am and 12 pm.

I arrived at 10. It opened at 10:30. The guy was not friendly at all. He wanted to see a visa for Kyrgystan, from where I'd be coming to Tashkent. As a Canadian I don't need a visa for Kyrgystan. He wanted proof of that, which I have no idea how I was going to show that. Then I told him I was coming to Kyrgystan from Kazakstan. Then he wanted to see my Kazakh visa! I really don't know why that would make any difference, but I didn't have that yet. He was not at all helpful, asking about my work, why I put "tourism" as my reason for visiting if I was only transiting (I didn't know what else to put down and the form won't print if a field is left blank)

So anyway, Uzbekistan can't even make a simple transit visa easy. It's pretty much convinced me to cancel that portion of my trip. I guess they don't care about my tourism dollars, even for a couple of days. :roll:
0 x

worldgrandtour

Post by worldgrandtour »

Uzbek visa for Czech nationals

Applying for Uzbek visa was very different experience compare to Iranian. First of all make sure you are going to the correct address, the new one at Levent Mahalessi, Levent Cadessi, Lale Sokak 8. Good thing is you can fill out the form on internet and bring the printed copy with you. Man at the gate with no Englishh took our applications, flicked quickly through and then sent us to the back of the building. There was a half open window where the clerk accepted our application but was quite suprised that we as Czech nationals don't need LOI:

,Where is your letter of invitation?'
'We don't need one, we are Czechs.'
'Are you sure?'
'Yes!'
'Ok'

We decided to pick our visa in Tehran so we just handed over our application and that was it. You will not get any confirmation or pick up slip, you must hope for the best.
0 x

miaesper

Post by miaesper »

We went yesterday to the Uzbekistan Consulate in Levent (two persons - one danish and one belgian) and got the visa on the spot. We brought application forms, LOIs (only one of us needed it but we had bought two anyway in order to get the fast processing), passports, photos. They send us to do our payment in AKBANK 80 dollar per person + 3 dollar transaction fee. Upon returning to the consulate we got our visas almost immediately. In total I think we spend about one hour.
0 x

sgrant

Post by sgrant »

For those obtaining a same say tourist visa with LOI at the Istanbul embassy - do you need a physical copy of the LOI, or just the telex number?
0 x

aussiescott

Post by aussiescott »

Ok it appears the consulate in Istanbul has changed locations, I went there today and nothing was there just a empty building.
Does anyone have the new address and some instructions on how to get there ?
0 x

Atthehandlebars

Post by Atthehandlebars »

aussiescott wrote:Ok it appears the consulate in Istanbul has changed locations, I went there today and nothing was there just a empty building.
Does anyone have the new address and some instructions on how to get there ?
Yes, here is the new address -

No. 8, Lale sk, Levent, Istanbul 34330

https://goo.gl/maps/Zy91XzFzpZt

You can get the metro to Levent station and it is a 5 min walk from there. Close by on Gül Sk, there is a little office there that will fill out tue uzbek visa application for you for a small fee. The bank is also located there to pay for the visa.

Alternatively, what I did was applied for a transit visa in Istanbul and picked up in Tehran. No wait time, minimal fuss.
0 x
Riding a motorcycle from London - Sydney 2016 - 2017
atthehandlebars.com

rocketbirdfishman

Post by rocketbirdfishman »

January 2017

We are a Czech citizen and a British citizen and applied for an Uzbekistan visa in Istanbul but to pick up in Ankara.
The Embassy website wrongly implies that Czech citizens need an LOI, and we were told when we arrived that we did need one. However when we mentioned that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan website says you don't, the guy called up and checked. We had to wait about 15 mins to find out the answer, which was: we didn't need one. The guy was very helpful and spoke excellent English.

Only needed one copy of the form and one photo here. But we needed another one when we came to pick up it up in Ankara. He wasn't bothered that we made a mistake on the form either.
2 x

Mayuelliot

Post by Mayuelliot »

We applied for our visa in the Uzbekistan council in Istanbul and collected in Baku. We applied in January 2017, but had to give the date of entry. We chose May 1st as we were cycling and thought it would take this amount of time before we would be there. However we arrived in Baku in early April, this meant we were ahead of our schedule. We went to the embassy in Baku Friday to find out about our visa and he told us it would be ready on Monday. HE ALSO TOLD US WE CAN CHANGE THE DATE OF ENTRY !!! He gave us the details to pay at the international bank of Azerbaijan, we paid there in dollas and gave him the receipt Monday when we collected our visas. Completely hassel free, almost no waiting, highly recommend doing it this way. Now our visa starts on the 18th April :-)
2 x

travellingmusician

Post by travellingmusician »

Applied for a 30 day visa with LOI. I had to pay 80$ at akbank, but not the one near the embassy. it was the akbank about a 1/2 mile away. Had to ask a turkish man to pay for me, as you can't pay as a tourist. the guy at the embassy was very friendly. all in all it took about 2-3 hours, as there were many people in front of the gate and many agents applying for visas, plus the bank clerks were working really slow.
1 x