Kyrgyzstan to Laos via Xinjiang, Tibet and Yunnan

Share guided tours for crossing China.
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Posts without a reply for more than 1 year are automatically removed.
Ouroboros2015

Re: Kyrgyzstan to Laos via Xinjiang, Tibet and Yunnan

Post by Ouroboros2015 »

Bump.....
0 x

Ouroboros2015

Post by Ouroboros2015 »

OK. The end of this month is really the deadline for those interested as we enter China on August 31st and the agency wants 2 months to secure all the paperwork from the Chinese authorities. So, tick tock........

Cheers.
0 x

Christian93

Post by Christian93 »

Ouroboros2015 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:37 am
Christian93 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 2:07 am
We‘ll do the transit with drive China in early July. For five vehicles it is 2.5k without accommodation.
So, with accommodation, it would be about the same as we are paying. After contacting and negotiating with many, many companies, that was about as cheap as it gets. How long are you going for and which route are you taking? Have a great trip!
Cheers.
26 Days along the Himalayas is the plan :)
0 x

Ouroboros2015

Post by Ouroboros2015 »

We are pretty much there as far as numbers go. But any more cars or bikes who would like to join our August 31st crossing of China from Kyrgyzstan to Laos (29/30 days) are still welcome, but time is running out! $3500 including accommodation.
Cheers!
0 x

adventuretourchina

Post by adventuretourchina »

Dear team,

The chances of obtaining kashgar-lhasa via G219 approval this year are very small, optimistic estimates are only 50% chance. Not because of the tourism bureau, but because of politics.
0 x

adventuretourchina

Dear team,

The chances of obtaining kashgar-lhasa via G219 approval this year are very small, optimistic estimates are only 50% chance. Not because of the tourism bureau, but because of politics.
0 x

adventuretourchina

The probability of getting the approval of via g219 from Kashgar to Lhasa this year is very small. An optimistic estimate is only 50%. Not because of the Tourist Office, but because of other reasons.
0 x

Ouroboros2015

Post by Ouroboros2015 »

Thanks but I am aware of the situation. Still hopeful of getting the requisite permits, but if not then there is always an alternative route.
0 x

colinr

Post by colinr »

Hi there!

I know it‘s already july and i’m to late but i still wanted to ask if the trip is already 100% booked and closed at ridechina? I‘m currently travelling solo on my motorcycle and have been looking into way to cross china for a long time and have been in contact with a lot of companies. Unfortunately i only came across your post today but i would be very interested.

Of course if it‘s already closed that‘s my bad. I would still appreciate a short feedback.

Thank you
Colin
0 x

Ouroboros2015

Post by Ouroboros2015 »

colinr wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:36 pm
Hi there!

I know it‘s already july and i’m to late but i still wanted to ask if the trip is already 100% booked and closed at ridechina? I‘m currently travelling solo on my motorcycle and have been looking into way to cross china for a long time and have been in contact with a lot of companies. Unfortunately i only came across your post today but i would be very interested.

Of course if it‘s already closed that‘s my bad. I would still appreciate a short feedback.

Thank you
Colin
Paperwork is about to go in, so if you already have a visa, or can get one very quickly, then there may still be an opportunity.
0 x