Kyrgyzstan-China-Laos September 2024

Share guided tours for crossing China.
Forum rules
1. Commercial offers are not allowed.
2. Posts without a reply for more than 1 year are automatically removed.
lylwen

Kyrgyzstan-China-Laos September 2024

Post by lylwen »

Hello,

My partner and I are travelling with a van towards Asia. We are looking into taking the route from Kyrgyzstan to Laos through China.

We are searching for travel companions to share the guide costs. We will essentially want to take the shortest and cheapest itinerary. The time would be around September 2024, and we are a bit flexible.
We are researching the guide companies but nothing is fixed yet. To get a good price we will need to be at least 6 vehicles.

Anyone wanting to take this route around the same time?

Our original plan was to go through Iran and Pakistan. We are modifying because of the current geopolitical situation, but by the way, if anyone has feedback on very recent trips crossing through these countries, we are curious to hear about it!

Thanks!
1 x

safadeza

Re: Kyrgyzstan-China-Laos September 2024

Post by safadeza »

Hi
I have the same project, travelling on the mororbike, also on september 2024, for sharing the agency's costs..
If you want, contact me at
[email protected]
1 x

lylwen

Post by lylwen »

Hi! Thanks for your response. I saw your post, but I thought the projects might not be fully compatible, between four-wheel and two-wheel vehicles.

Going through Tibet is more expensive and more restrictive than going through the North of China (silk road), so we will probably prefer to travel North.
From Drive-China, I got a quote for 2400$ per vehicle and driver + 570$ for an extra passenger, total 2970$ for 27 days, six vehicles (not including accomodation which we wouldn't need) for Kyrgyzstan-Laos via the Silk Road.
We're also considering entering from Kazakhstan. This would bring the price down to 2770$ for a vehicle with 2 people.
This agency said they already had a couple of people interested in these routes, possibly also the one through Tibet; if you encounter difficulty putting a group together, it might be worth getting in touch with them.

Enjoy your travels!!
0 x

safadeza

Post by safadeza »

Hi
I think will be not a problem riding toghether car and motorbike ( I'm more traveller than motobiker)...
I contact this agency and I'm flexible for any tour that reach Laos on autumn...
Take care...
0 x

vp_vwt4

Post by vp_vwt4 »

Hello,

my name is Viktoria, I am from Austria. My boyfriend Paul and me are planning a trip from Austria to India, between March and the end of September 2024. We would like to transit China on our way from Kyrgyzstan to Pakistan. Do you think we could join your trip, only along this particular route or do you travel in a different direction?

Thank you in advance and have a nice day,
Viktoria
0 x

lylwen

Post by lylwen »

Hello Robert and Viktoria!

Robert: That is good to know, if you are flexible and don't mind being linked with vehicles that have a slower rhythm (ours is 4.6 tonnes so really not like a car).
The thing with the Tibet route (besides the ongoing struggles) is that, in the current times, it is more of detour than anything else, because apparently the route along China and Tibet's west border has closed since 2023 (perhaps because of the status in Aksai Chin disputed territory). So unless you are wanting to exit to Nepal, Tibet is not on the way.
We are still thinking it through and will let you know how the plans take shape! I know a group who is entering from Mongolia but we prefer to do less distance and to avoid passing through Russia twice...

Viktoria: this is an interesting plan (our original plan was also to go to India) but what do you know about the situation in North Pakistan? I have understood that it's very unstable there at the moment, and the guide from China told me that lately, most people are cancelling their trips for this route (Kyrgyzstan-Pakistan) to avoid the increasing risks.
I will be happy to hear any info you might have on the subject! We are still considering every option to adapt to the ever-expanding world issues...
But as far as the routes themselves go, since the road through Aksai Chin is closed to foreigners (as mentioned above), the itineraries Kyrg-Pakistan and Kyrg-Laos are definitely not compatible. If you want to get to India, have you considered going through Nepal? It will cost more for the guide in China, but it's a more common path at the moment. Definitely a game-changer in terms of budget compared to the previously well-travelled Iran-Pakistan road!

Good evening to both of you :)
1 x

safadeza

Post by safadeza »

Hi victoria
I have done severals times (last one on 2016) travel trough Iran/pak/india..
I'll do again on beginning of august 2024, just to Pakistan
If you want news, please send me PM..
have a good day
0 x

safadeza

Post by safadeza »

Hi victoria
I have done severals times (last one on 2016) travel trough Iran/pak/india..
I'll do again on beginning of august 2024, just to Pakistan
If you want news, please send me PM..
have a good day
0 x

Slooter

Post by Slooter »

Hello, 👋🏻

I am also interested in joining you for your your trip to Laos. I am as well travelling by bike, but I am not sure yet if I can make it to Kyrgyzstan in beginning of September. But I still want to leave my contact info here. [email protected]
Until when does the agency want to know who is coming ? And which agency is it ?

Greetings from Berlin
Maurice Eitner
0 x