car rental in almaty

Self-driving the Silk Road.
minion

car rental in almaty

Post by minion »

anyone can share companies that allow travel from Kazakhstan to Kyrgyzstan and back? pick up and drop off Almaty but with cross border privilege

so far, i see Hertz, Nikita, and IHN.

looking for options too eg ideally something bigger than a Duster also seems to be a challenge
0 x

DANNY8995

Re: car rental in almaty

Post by DANNY8995 »

Hi,

I'm thinking about doing similar and have come across Iron Nomad who have cars to rent! Bigger 4x4 as well as camper cars with tents etc!

When are you going and are you willing to pick up a plus one 😅?

I am solo travelling and the hardest part for me is Kazakhstan -> Kyrgyzstan because it can be expensive alone. I'm trying to get to karakol and see Ala Kul and Issyk Kul.

Hope the recommendation helped tho 😁

Kind regards,

Danny
0 x

minion

Re: car rental in almaty

Post by minion »

the cars you mentioned are found more often in Kyrgyzstan, not Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan has limited options. in fact i have to reroute my whole journey just to start in Kyrgyzstan bc the car i want and need is there

i wish i m going to all the places you mentioned in august but no, i have the parentals with me so i need to reduce the number of crazy things i do and no hectic schedule .if i were you, i would rent a small car. it is about 40-50 usd for suv and less for sedan as long as you do not use it to cross border. the daily rental price jumps to 2 to 3x the moment you want to cross border.

just take note of many forbidden roads rules by car rental companies. i believe the road to ala kul trailhead is one of them i mean i m sure some do drive, but if something happened while there it is on the driver with no insurance backup
0 x