**Time Sensitive - Car plus trailer - Crossing into Russia + The Stans**

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
Matt P

**Time Sensitive - Car plus trailer - Crossing into Russia + The Stans**

Post by Matt P »

Three Time Sensitive Questions that I’m hoping someone may be able to help with if possible.

I’m currently in Georgia and have a 4x4 towing a small trailer. My plan is to cross a small section of Russia to get to Kazakhstan in 5 days which is fairly standard at the moment given the current situation. I have a tourist visa. (UK passport holder)
But… I’ve just heard that you may only be able to take ***ONE vehicle across Russia per person***. Ie the 4x4 and trailer would count as TWO vehicles. Can anyone clarify this? I’m going to be on my own that’s all.

Side question - Do Russia require different number plates on the trailer and car like Georgia or is the car number plate ok on both? It’s not a commercial trailer. It weights just over 1T.

Does anyone know anyone who’s done this recently or are you aware what the current rules are? Ie. Will I be able to cross with my 4x4 and trailer under one name as a solo driver? This is obviously fairly critical for the continuation of my journey and so any help here would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

I'd love to know if once I'm in Russia, it will be ok through all of the Stans or are we going to encounter more problems? If so, please can you provide as much detail as possible.
0 x