Electrical plugs on Uzbek and Kazakh railway stations

The Silk Road by train. Experts: Milad, Provodnik
cle

Electrical plugs on Uzbek and Kazakh railway stations

Post by cle »

Hello, I'd like to know if there are electrical plugs available for charging phones, etc. at Uzbek and Kazakh big railway stations? I'd be having lots of night stays at the stations w/o access to hotels. Thanks!

(If you wish to know which stations I was referring to: Tashkent, Tashkent South, Samarqand, Bukhara-1, Mangystau, Turkistan, Astana-1, Nur-Sultan Nurly Zhol, Petropavl)
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Re: Electrical plugs on Uzbek and Kazakh railway stations

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

Finding power outlets that are available and work is a gamble.
I remember successfully charging in:
  • Beyneu
  • Nukus
  • Taraz
  • Tashkent South
If you don't find any suitable outlets and you have an external powerbank then you can try to ask some people at food stalls, luggage storage or toilets to charge it for you.
If you're travelling in modern carriages then you're likely to have an outlet near your berth, in older carriages you'll share it with others. The conductor compartment has an outlet as well, they'll surely let you charge for a small tip, if they say no just try the next carriage.

If you're staying overnight at stations for long then consider staying for a couple hours at a station hostel, you'll be able to lie down, shower and charge multiple devices.
0 x

cle

Re: Electrical plugs on Uzbek and Kazakh railway stations

Post by cle »

Nice to know that you can tip these people. Thanks for your reply.
0 x