Temperature in The Mountains

All about Kyrgyzstan.
nikagoes

Temperature in The Mountains

Post by nikagoes »

Temperature in the mountains in September? People say "bring a sweatshirt, it gets cold," but cold is relative. I don't know if i need a heavy fleece or more of a light jacket. I've read different things about weather but it's always helpful to hear people's actual experiences.
I apologize in advance, I tried to use the search forum but due to COVID, there are pages and pages about body temperature/ taking your temperature, etc and some of the posts are older and I don't know whether climate change has made a difference.
0 x

Jealgu

Re: Temperature in The Mountains

Post by Jealgu »

1000 meters us 6 degrees celsius lower, I think. And there is other effects. I am currently in Kyrgyzstan and above 3000 meters I have experienced night temperatures of slightly above or under zero. Normally september is colder, though from what I hear Kyrgyzstan has not the hottest summer ever.
0 x

Kalpazan

Re: Temperature in The Mountains

Post by Kalpazan »

If it is sunny, you will feel hot during the day at almost any altitude. I highly recommend brining good high quality sun protection cream as UV light burns your skin quite badly. I was wearing very light softshell jacket during the day to protect my skin as much as possible.

At night temperatures will be around 0 to +5 at 3000m and -5 to 0 above 4000m. Depending on where you camp there might be strong wind which significantly increases feeling of cold.

That's how it was Sep 2019.
0 x