Staying with locals

All about Kyrgyzstan.
terrymy

Staying with locals

Post by terrymy »

Hello there! In 2019 I was in the archaelogical expedition in Aydarken. I was there with a team, unfortunately I lost all these contacts (this is life). We stayed with the locals in their house, and that was amazing experience! We had a tent camp in their garden, under the apple trees, ate local cuisine... fantastic! Want to repeat this with my family, but I do not know how to find locals who are ready to host you. Another difficulty is that I do not know their language - previoulsy my Russian collegues could communicate with them in russian, and this is the only language they know besides Kyrgyz language.

So my question is how can I find locals who can let us live with them for a couple of weeks? What is the most effective way of communicating with them? Thank you!
0 x

willemspie

Re: Staying with locals

Post by willemspie »

There are homestays in Kyrgyzstan villages, some of them are a bit touristy or commercial, but some of them correspond to what you're looking for. Even possible in some non tourist yurt camps.
0 x

willemspie

Post by willemspie »

Try Kyzyl Oi maybe. That's off the beaten track.
0 x

terrymy

Post by terrymy »

willemspie wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:37 am
There are homestays in Kyrgyzstan villages, some of them are a bit touristy or commercial, but some of them correspond to what you're looking for. Even possible in some non tourist yurt camps.
Thank you! Need to look for these homestays then.
0 x