Double entry to Uzbekistan for visa free countries

All about Uzbekistan.
hd2023

Double entry to Uzbekistan for visa free countries

Post by hd2023 »

Hello everyone,

I am from a visa-free country (Australia) and will be visiting Uzbekistan soon. During my stay in Uzbekistan, I intend to to go to Tajikstan for a few days and re-enter Uzbekistan well before my 30 days expire. The Australian Government website says Australian citizens don't need visa for Uzbekistan, but they need visa for multiple entry. I tried to apply online for visa through the official e-visa website, but for Australia it doesn't show any multiple entry option, just saying that Australians don't need visa. I am a bit confused. Has anybody had similar experience?

Thanks,
Hadi
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Re: Double entry to Uzbekistan for visa free countries

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

You can leave Uzbekistan for Tajikistan and then come back for Uzbekistan visa-free.
You will receive a new entry stamp and a new set of 30 days, no further actions needed.
1 x

hd2023

Post by hd2023 »

Thanks RollingTreeHouse! That's a great relief.

I wonder if your advice is based on your actual experience, or based on your knowledge acquired from working in visa related areas?

Cheers,
0 x

RollingTreeHouse

Post by RollingTreeHouse »

I have entered Uzbekistan multiple times within a 30-day period, especially since the border between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan is currently closed.
It is also documented in the Uzbekistan visa guide, with anecdotal data in the corresponding thread.
2 x